• Kodjia
    • Abraham
    • Bolasie (El Ghazi 72)
    • Adomah (Kodjia 80)
    • Bree (Abraham 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/09/18 at 14:00

We're not pretty to watch, seemingly lacking an effective system but Mr Potato head lives on to fight another day. Kodjia had a cracking game alongside Tammy with McGinn man of the match for me. Jedinak provided the physical presence at CH too.

I just wish we inspired more confidence as I still can't see Bruce getting us up this season or any season for that matter!!

Very impressed with Abraham and Bolasie.  Excellent home debuts. Jack didn't really work amazingly well on the wing but he wasn't a disaster. 

The superior quality of the players saw us through the game - Rotherham were very poor. As expected though it was another Steve Bruce 'throw players on the pitch and hope' affair, but hey, it's not like I expected anything else.

• Like 1

Pleased with the win, can't fault much at all, think we are low on confidence so didn't get out of 2nd gear, but showed plenty of promise. Here's hoping we can build on this and up the intensity and composure.

I hope we keep the same line up but play Axel for the next game.

34 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Thought we played well tonight, but Rotherham made it so easy for us. Will probably not have an easier game all season. Abraham has impressed me a lot since his move. Great touch, great on the ball, and will score plenty of goals. Kodjia played well too. The midfield was very strong tonight, but it was too easy tonight. You can only beat what’s Infront of you though. 5th in the table, and confidence should be high for saturdays game. 

Another thing I will say is, that I thought the crowd tonight were very positive with the team, and even Bruce. 28k which was more than I was expecting, and a bigger crowd than what Leeds got. Was expecting a negative atmosphere, but it was positive. 

Astonishing how different the reaction on here seems to be compared to that at the ground, as far as I can tell. 

• Like 1

El Ghazi and Bolasie were like night and day. 

El Ghazi not managing to impose himself on the game, made himself the only obvious choice to be taken off. Bolasie storming into the game, all action pain in the ass for defenders. 

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Astonishing how different the reaction on here seems to be compared to that at the ground, as far as I can tell. 

Praise when praise is deserved imo. No one is getting excited over beating Rotherham 2.0 at home, but I thought we put in another good home performance. It could have easily have been 3, or 4. As I said, I thought the crowd were great tonight. Not so much loud, but just the overall positive atmosphere. It seems all the Bruce out brigade stayed at home. Not saying I don’t want him gone, but he fights on to live another day. Tickets were selling well for saturdays game before the game tonight, so expect around 35k on Saturday, which is ridiculous considering the whole anti Bruce thing at the moment. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

One thing I noticed - we go from being devoid of confidence to overconfident in seconds - like a woman who's just discovered contouring. We play one decent pass, someone drops a shoulder and the next man to get the ball seems to think he has a responsibility to add something for the highlight reel. 

Mr Kodjia...that rabona...behave!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Can you explain what this means? I’m mystified.

He is saying that he thinks that keeping Steve Bruce because we won, rather than sacking him because we lost will mean that in the long term we will be worse off than losing, sacking Bruce and then being able to bring in a better manager to take us places. 

That would make him one of those disloyal people that we were discussing in a different thread. 

Whilst I understand the sentiment, unfortunately I can't see Bruce being sacked on the back of a couple of losses. I think the owners are waiting for the right man to be available before making a move, which makes sense, its just frustrating waiting for the inevitable. 

Still, we won, I'm happy, roll on Saturday. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I wonder if the poor quality of the coverage had anything to do with that? It had the feel of the pre-season friendlies - one camera, no replays, second rate commentator who quickly runs out of anything interesting to say, poor audio meaning the noise in the stadium was not picked up well and just a general "naff" feel. (obviously better than not having anything, don't get me wrong)

If you watch on TV and the coverage is poor, you just don't get the atmosphere so probably don't enjoy the game as much.

It does make you realise how polished and professional the "normal" coverage of games is though.

Shout out to the lad sat next to me in trinity lower by the tunnel giving their lad Will Vaulks absolute comedy gold pelters all game long. Hilarious stuff and kept us all in the section going when the game got flat. Vaulks even started laughing himself at one point when he came up to take a throw in. Brilliant stuff.

As for the game. It’s 3 points that papers over the cracks. It is what it is, I’m not going to get angry about it. I’m glad we won and Bruce is still a plum.

Â