Pre-Match Thread

wilko154

43 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

4–5-1 with Tammy up top?

Either that or 4-3-3 with El Ghazi up front with Tammy & Kodjia 

4-5-1 and 4-3-3 are the same formation! It's four at the back, three central midfielders, two wingers and a central striker. It's the most common setup in modern football. 

Just a pet peeve of mine. 

Codger will be on one wing with El Ghazi on the other. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

looks more like a back 3 with jedi there just to drop back from time to time if needed and allow either hutton or elmo to get forwards and still keep a solid 3 back. Hourihane & McGinn are more than capable of dropping back for additional cover and getting out quickly if required.

We shouldn't need 4/5 at the back against at least half the teams in this league. Get this right with the options on the bench to change things and we could tear some teams to pieces

WuA55TX.jpg

Edited by LakotaDakota

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

4-5-1 and 4-3-3 are the same formation! It's four at the back, three central midfielders, two wingers and a central striker. It's the most common setup in modern football. 

Just a pet peeve of mine. 

It’s a just a hangover from championship manager 2 for me I’m afraid. 4-5-1 was a more defensive minded formation. 4-3-3 was more attacking as you’ve could play three strikers.

Anyway, I think the El Ghazi and Kodjia are the wide forwards tonight. I think it’s Bruce “going for it”.

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

looks more like a back 3 with jedi there just to drop back from time to time if needed and allow either hutton or elmo to get forwards and still keep a solid 3 back. Hourihane & McGinn are more than capable of dropping back for additional cover and getting out quickly if required

WuA55TX.jpg

No way we'll play a 3 of Hutton, Chester and Elmo surely? More Likely if Tuanzebe was playing instead of Elmo...

Hopefully "Click to edit" will have a good debut....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Tuanzebe did pretty well at centre back on Saturday and he actually is a centre back and he isn't slow because he isn't old. But he's been dropped and here we are again with the non-centre back in the position of centre back, who's getting on a bit now and for that reason a bit slow. Noooo! :<

Edited by robby b

We will probably win. This is a better balanced, more attacking team. It really annoys me that he has to wait until we play the worst team, at home before going for it! We should be going after every team in this league, home and away.

Win, lose or draw this must be his last game. He is a total coward! His team selections undermine and degrade the biggest and best club, in the Championship, by a mile. We are the Man City of this division and he approaches most games like we are Huddersfield! Infuriating!!!!

32 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

WE will win this easily by 3 goals, For Gods sake its only Rotherham

The Bruce in fans (including my son) will put it down as great win and call for Brucie to give them a wave. 

Stay of execution for another week. 

Very arrogant view point.

It was “only Burton” the other week with many predicting an easy win and look what happened.

Nothing is a given with Steve Bruce in charge.

7 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

looks more like a back 3 with jedi there just to drop back from time to time if needed and allow either hutton or elmo to get forwards and still keep a solid 3 back. Hourihane & McGinn are more than capable of dropping back for additional cover and getting out quickly if required.

We shouldn't need 4/5 at the back against at least half the teams in this league. Get this right with the options on the bench to change things and we could tear some teams to pieces

WuA55TX.jpg

It’s obviously not going to be this formation

22 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I wonder if Kodjia will be coming in from the left or if he's starting up top with Tammy and Jack is playing on the left of a 4-4-2

4-2-3-1 makes most sense to me -

Nyland

Elmo Chester Jedi Hutton

McGinn Hourihane

El Ghazi    Grealish    Kodjia

Abraham