Pre-Match Thread

wilko154

I have no doubt that Bruce will make changes from Saturday, citing last season with the QPR debacle. He’s like a broken record. 

The back 4 will be changed again. Whelan will come in and El Ghazi will replace Adomah. At a guess. 

I would love for us to get an early goal and dominate the game. This fixture has come at the perfect time for Bruce, unfortunately, as he will buy himself some more time. 

Top OP Mr. @wilko154 :thumb:  One of the few positives to come from the Blackburn game was that the starting 11 were all in their correct positions (yes even Elmo has played there for Hull).  So fingers crossed we continue with that.  Particularly agree on Hourihane having to come back in.  I must admit I'm having a crisis on this one.  We need the win, and yet a defeat would almost certainly signal the end for Bruce ... So do you go short term pain for long term gain?  Let's just see what happens.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Strange question but is this game on TV? Sky indicating its on TV on the website

I've not seen it anywhere as a TV game.

EDIT : And yet you're right.

a81532e1c57c7b92a7843f9ada3dcc57.png

Double edit.  It's on the red button.

I really hope Bruce switches things up for this one. Perfect opportunity to rest a few players and play others. 

7aebfc71f5fe77ee715acca58eba53ef.png

Then you have McGinn as a more defensive sub for Hourihane.

Bolasie and Adomah for Kodjia/Abraham/El Ghazi. 

Thor, Lansbury, and Taylor also as good options. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

----------------------Nyland

Elmo, Tuanzebe, Chester, Hutton

---------------------Jedinak

--------------McGinn--Grealish

El Ghazi----------------------------Bolasie

--------------------Abraham

Please

This would be my side too

41 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I really hope Bruce switches things up for this one. Perfect opportunity to rest a few players and play others.

I think he'll treat it as the perfect opportunity for his preferred first 11 to batter someone.  I doubt we'll see any experimentation or rotation considering the pressure he is increasingly coming under.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Hoofing the ball won’t work tonight. Play it on the floor lads. 

I've been saying this for the last two years... we should be able to play 99% of teams off the park in this league, with this squad. Unfortunately we seem to bypass the midfield again and again with long balls to strikers who aren't target men.

• Like 1