Pre-Match Thread

wilko154

You have to laugh really. 

To play devils advocate for a second. Tuanzebe is a bit pants aerially which is surprising given his size. Bruce obviously felt he’d go for it against Blackburn but gave him the extra protection of a Jedinak in front of him to help with the high balls.

Tonight he’s gone for a more attacking front six all round which obviously means no Mile to provide the screen he feels Tuanzebe. 

Is it what I would do? No I’d be doing pretty much anything to never see Mile play CB again. I also thought overall Axel did well and had some soft hopes we could move on. But it’s what Bruce wants to do that counts. Fingers crossed it works for us tonight. 

Nice to Elmo not being one of our main attackers though! Swings and roundabouts.

Edited by villaglint

Formation looks good except Jedi for Tuanzebe.

Be interesting to see if they are also given the instructions to go for it and if there are any clear instructions and patterns to the play or if they are just put out there with the hope that their superior quality will do it.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Who the hell is playing dm?

I don’t think there is a designated DM. I suspect McGinn and Hourihane will work in tandem, one goes forward, the other drops back. Grealish to remain further up.

I reckon it’s 4-3-3.

6 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

WE will win this easily by 3 goals, For Gods sake its only Rotherham

The Bruce in fans (including my son) will put it down as great win and call for Brucie to give them a wave. 

Stay of execution for another week. 

exactly this

expecting a big comfortable win with then changes made at the weekend rather than finding something successful and sticking with it

This pretty much shows no matter what, people will be angry. Tuanzebe deserved to start, but if we expect to be the team on the front foot, we need a big man at the back to stop long balls and crosses. 

It's an attacking line-up, and we are at home. Bruce got this XI spot on imo. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

This pretty much shows no matter what, people will be angry. Tuanzebe deserved to start, but if we expect to be the team on the front foot, we need a big man at the back to stop long balls and crosses. 

It's an attacking line-up, and we are at home. Bruce got this XI spot on imo. 

They just look for the negatives.

14 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

WE will win this easily by 3 goals, For Gods sake its only Rotherham

The Bruce in fans (including my son) will put it down as great win and call for Brucie to give them a wave. 

Stay of execution for another week. 

"It's only Rotherham" is a very dangerous way of looking at it. Anyone can beat anyone in this league. Bruces thinking re Jedi at CH will be that Rotherham are very good at set pieces and although Tuanzebe has many very good attributes, heading the ball away is not one of them. I know you all want Bruce out but I think he's got this one right= we'll all know in a couple of hours I guess!

Edited by pintpotvilla