• Grealish
    • Abraham
    • Kodjia (Adomah 69)
    • Hourihane (Jedinak 77)
    • Bolasie (Elmohamady 77)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/09/18 at 18:45

2 hours ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

8  of the players who played today have been here for a full season or more.  Tuanzebe has been here since January.  And your new guys include John McGinn - International, Tammy Abraham - International and Yannick F*****G Bolasie for goodness sake - international.  Safe to say they're good enough to integrate into a system.

I think I found the problem! 

Edited by Michelsen
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hoof hearted said:

Adomah, for all his leg work just offers nothing in the attacking third, thought Bolasie showed enough to start midweek.

Fully expecting a defensive "don't lose" line up though so won't hold my breath. Bruce needs to go even if we hammer Rotherham it'll just be another false dawn.

Tuanzebe MotM for me, did everything right which is all I want from our centre halves, expect him to get dropped for O'Hare or some kind of nonsense! 

No chance.Not cos hes on loan mind.When he came on last season he showed for throw ins and passed and moved about the pitch.Hasnt been seen since.

21 minutes ago, Derryvillan said:

No chance.Not cos hes on loan mind.When he came on last season he showed for throw ins and passed and moved about the pitch.Hasnt been seen since.

Hmmm, a promising player declined under the tutelage of Steve Bruce?   Say it isn’t so.  

3 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Couldn't contain him at times...........Just wish we want for Dack years back when he was at Gillingham! The kid is a baller and was probably best player on pitch today!

£750,000.....

you can understand owners refusing money at times....when players like that have been bought for relative peanuts.

Not our best performance but also some way off our worst. We stopped the rot by not losing this one and showed some resilience by coming back late in the game to get something from it. On another day and with another referee we would have got a penalty and may have gone on to win comfortably. We go again and hopefully will go on to win again on Tuesday.

I'm negative but Jesus?  

We should have won yesterday, Tammy had 4 or 5 decent chances and we were on top 35 mins of the second half.

Swap Elmo and Albert for el ghazi and Connor and put jack further out wide and there you have it.

Taylor for once wasn't 100 % negative and looked ok the centre halves looked far better and Hutton was good.

Keeper seems literally stuck on his line which is not good but after the last couple games where he **** up I can kind of forgive him a couple games till he's used to the cb pairing.

Mcginn was good and jed playing in his proper position was good although ran out of steam.

Elmo was ok bar flinging the ball in aimlessly 99% of the time wasting attacks and Albert has lost his touch big time.

Jack was average and Tammy average.

It's the midfield and forwards now which need time right combo.

Jed was good but BB I think is more suited to a team that gels as he keeps the ball on the floor more and passes better and will last 90 mins 

Elmo won't be dropped for what ever reason but he needs to be because the crossing has been poor. If we switch right midfielders Elmo will drop to right back meaning Hutton left back. Hutton is good but should be at right back.

Albert ... not been the same since the blues game last season where he scored but was hacked out of the game. 

Performance wise we deserved the win but wasteful in the last 3rd cost us.

Must have had 20 plus crosses with probably 4 going to our players and only 2 creating goal scoring chances. That's not playing the odds very well 

5 hours ago, John said:

Not our best performance but also some way off our worst. We stopped the rot by not losing this one and showed some resilience by coming back late in the game to get something from it. On another day and with another referee we would have got a penalty and may have gone on to win comfortably. We go again and hopefully will go on to win again on Tuesday.

I'm not sure I understand your point, we've only lost one game all season.

Our "rot" is too many draws, if anything we continued the rot.

The penalty claim was cancelled out by them having a perfectly good goal disallowed. If anyone deserved to win the match it was them not us..

• Like 1

I dont understand we we dont play with a mindset like we did after conceding.

We spend all game trying to keep the opposition out (no matter how shit they are) and don't attack with purpose until we are a goal behind.

Why cant we just go out with that mindset to begin with rather than after we concede... oh yeah I already know the answer.

42 minutes ago, Junxs said:

The penalty claim was cancelled out by them having a perfectly good goal disallowed. If anyone deserved to win the match it was them not us..

I was including the cup defeat which could have made it a run of three defeats. We might have also had another penalty when Jedinak was impeded by Mulgrew when he tried to get to a corner. On balance, I disagree with you on which team if any deserved all three points.;)

6 hours ago, John said:

And their first goal may have stood.

one marvellous set piece bailed us out again john, from a poor performance.

what have we REALLY learned from that Wembley no show.

We actually learn nothing from one match to another.

49 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I agree.

I am not having this " haven't lost" bollox anymore.

With our aspirations a draw is a posh defeat.

its dropping points in anyones book

Garbage. We have enough quality in this side to beat teams like Blackburn. I have no idea what Brucey is trying to do. A combination of plodding forward play and no clean sheets is going to result in a mediocre season. Did we need to play Jedinak yesterday? To defensive, and at present are best option is to be attacking as we are not at a moment a side that will win 1-0. After a few games Bruce coulld probably make Messi a defensive midfielder so I don't think it was the players fault yesterday, it was the painfully dull set up the manager inflicted upon us. 

Hourihane should be starting on Tuesday, it is baffling he has been dropped. IMO I don't think long term Grealish and McGinn is going to work. It looks like McGinn was brought into replace Jack but obviously he is still here. A massively unbalanced squad, made worse by the manager loaning out Elphick and De Laet. Baffling.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Gotta say I was disappointed when I saw the line up, but at least he moved Tuanzebe into CB and I thought he was fine.

Started well, Elmohamady and Hutton working well down the right hand side but the final balls in weren't good enough from those two and Adomah.

Blackburn started to get on top in the midfield but their chances were basically limited to set pieces. Nyland was glued to his line but at least he made a good save with his feet to keep it level.

Dack's goal that was ruled out could have gone either way, but we should have had a penalty for McGinn being brought down  in the area - unfortunately that was brought about by a defensive error and not our play though.

Second half I thought we were the better side and started to create more chances however Abraham should have put 1-2 of them away and ultimately we paid the price when they scored a scrappy one. However Conor ultimately bailed us out with a peach of a free kick. 

Got to pick a more positive team for Rotherham at home surely.

Â