• Grealish
    • Abraham
    • Kodjia (Adomah 69)
    • Hourihane (Jedinak 77)
    • Bolasie (Elmohamady 77)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/09/18 at 18:45

Hmmm not sure if I agree with the consensus on here. I don't think it was our best performance but it certainly wasn't our worst. 

Bruce played players in the right positions tonight. Jedinak had a good game and was the right call even if id prefer hourihane. Tuanzebe and Chester looked better. 

For me the only real downside is the lack of attacking wingers not yet fit enough to play. Bolasie will walk this league if he gets match fit. El ghazi must start.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Anytime a ball comes in to a box we look like conceding. Teams all over the place. Keeper glued to his line. I think we’re going to struggle this season. 

To me this is the single biggest flaw we have, and unfortunately even a new manager won't be able to fix it. It's down to the players Bruce has committed to.

Edited by AVTuco

Get rid tonight, at least we have a chance of building momentum for promotion next season.

Nothing positive today other than Leeds, Middlesborough etc not stretching their lead. Brentford doing a Fulham but far earlier in the season. We are in trouble, we are further adrift than we were last season and the Potatoe has is out of ideas hence the “I am starting from scratch” bullshit excuses.

• Like 1

Football we are playing this season is even worse than last season at times and not even showing we can whip teams anymore. We had beaten Norwich by 4 by this point last season!

I don't see us scoring 4 in a game again for a very long time!!

Anyone else feels same?
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:
Football we are playing this season is even worse than last season at times and not even showing we can whip teams anymore. We had beaten Norwich by 4 by this point last season!

I don't see us scoring 4 in a game again for a very long time!!

Anyone else feels same?

Nope. I think we will tonk Rotherham Tuesday 

11 individuals does not a team make. 

The analyst on sky (Bradley...) just said the same thing. Basically slating Bruce without mentioning him by name. No style or pattern or cohesion. Just hoping for individual brilliance to get goals. 

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

No pattern. The team don't gel because there's nothing for it to stick to, there's no discernible pattern to what we do. We don't keep the ball well enough, we don't play as a unit, we don't defend set pieces well enough, we're essentially awful. What gets us through is that we have individuals all over the place that are capable of doing something special on their own to get us a goal. That's not a plan that needs a manager - it's like an allstar game or one of those TV things - if this is how we want to play we could replace Steve Bruce with Robbie Williams.

Fantastic goal by Hourihane, it really is. Another individual moment of excellence. Another sticking plaster.

Mods, please can this post be pinned in Bruce thread so that if anyone even starts to think that Bruce is our future they can be directly reminded that they are absolutely **** deluded ?.  Superb post OBE. 

• Like 2

Â