Sign in to follow this  
av1

The NSWE Board

I've never seen a full stop in a thread title before. Looks kinda weird. Not important just thought I'd point it out.

Carry on.

55 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I've never seen a full stop in a thread title before. Looks kinda weird. Not important just thought I'd point it out.

Carry on.

I also found that weird.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, av1 said:

Sawiris, Edens, Xia, CP. 

Dump it all here. 

Good Thread, was a bit annoying having to trawl through them separately. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Seems like they'll eventually force xia out but he’s in denial and still thinks he’s one of the lads.  

I don't know what you are on about #all lads ?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, av1 said:

I'm not a business man so maybe the more knowledgeable folk on here can put me right on my simple logic. 

But whilst Sawiris and Edens are having to pump money in, does that mean their shareholding/power increases and Tonys decreases?

I'll probably get laughed at for not having even a basic understanding of how a business works, but It doesn't seem fair that Xia mantains a 50% stake (or whatever it is) whilst these 2 pump money in.

I posted this in the Sawiris thread, its more appropriate here. 

^^^

As I understand things, they converted all of Xia's shares to non-voting shares with a fixed value of £1.00 and a right for the club to buy them back at any time, so Tony's value in the club will be fixed. I would imagine that the money they are pumping in is somehow being used to raise the nominal value of the club so that their shares become worth more. 

Or they could have decided that the club is theirs, Tony has no voting rights  and has fixed fee owing to him, that they can decide to pay when they feel like it, so treat it like they own it and the £46m or so in shares that they owe Tony is treated as a deferred purchase price in their minds. 

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

^^^

As I understand things, they converted all of Xia's shares to non-voting shares with a fixed value of £1.00 and a right for the club to buy them back at any time, so Tony's value in the club will be fixed. I would imagine that the money they are pumping in is somehow being used to raise the nominal value of the club so that their shares become worth more. 

Or they could have decided that the club is theirs, Tony has no voting rights  and has fixed fee owing to him, that they can decide to pay when they feel like it, so treat it like they own it and the £46m or so in shares that they owe Tony is treated as a deferred purchase price in their minds. 

ooo thats interesting to know!

Sign in to follow this  

Â