The NSWE Board

Guest av1

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

What’s the point. All they are going to say is the same old stuff. Big club, big history, want to get back to winning things it will take time, we have a plan etc... Not that I look out for it, but I do you ever see any comments from owners/ceos from the likes of Utd, liverpool etc?

No I don’t see it with other clubs, but I don’t care enough about other clubs to know who their chief execs are, let alone what they have to say. Off the top of my head I know Woodward at Man Utd, but that’s only because he’s recently been in the press. Couldn’t tell you another one, and I wouldn’t really care to know any others either.

I just find it strange we haven’t had an official welcoming line from Purslow, the person essentially running the club. Yeah it’s gonna be the same old fluff, they’re not going to give us their five year plan in an interview. But to hear nothing is a bit weird to me. 

• Like 1

When new owners come into clubs it is natural to hear from them. Including Man Utd and Liverpool. That is good practice. You don't want to hear from them all the time and especially when their setups are in place but when they're new then of course fans will want to hear from them.

Lerner, Krulak, Fox, Xia, Wyness et al.

They all talked too much and talked too much bollocks and they all to a man did absolutely nothing ultimately for this club. 

Im not worried about the new guys not spouting any platitudes or hot air. Just do the bloody job and get us back up as prem main stays. That’s all I ask. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, villan-scott said:

An interesting development. It looks like Xia has gone, and NSWE have full ownership now. 

Apparently not.

Tony Xia has written off £49million worth of shares, it can be revealed.

The former majority owner of Aston Villa released the huge amount to help the summer takeover go through smoothly.

Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens were only prepared to invest £30million for a 55 per-cent share of the club.

And for that to happen, Xia had to write off a portion of the shares.

The Chinese businessman has NOT sold his remaining stake, though, and still retains a 45 per-cent control of the club.

The recent filings on Companies House were related to the paperwork from the summer takeover. It was simply a realigning of the shares...

While the RECON chairman still retains his minority stake, he no longer has a deciding say on the day-to-day running of the club.

Xia no longer visits games and has been cast aside from making key decisions as Sawiris and Edens take the lead role.

It’s also understood that Xia could see his stake in the club reduced further if he fails to match the equity injections of NSWE.

18 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Our guys getting creative. These fellas know what they’re doing it seems. 

Don't want to burst any bubbles but from what I understand this is pretty standard practice for a company with multiple investors/owners. Just insulating themselves from it all going south.

Where I work we just had a management buyout and it was similar to this, and it was their first go at ownership for 80% of them.

On 24/09/2018 at 05:38, DaveAV1 said:

Our football club has been a basket case since Randy Lerner took control. Under his ownership the club was never run properly, his first mistake was letting Steve Stride go and since then nobody has really been running the club properly. The early big cash injections ran out and we all know what happened from there. 

Then comes along Tony Twitter, who it turns out had no money and just spent all his pocket money, ie. the parachute payments, in one trip to the sweet shop. Again there was no proper running of the club behind the scenes. 

Now we have owners who undoubtedly have vast wealth and hopefully the business acumen to run us as a strong, successful, modern football club. Then and only then will we have a chance to become successful in the business of creating a winning football team, which is surely the very point of our existence. No football manager can transform a club in this modern world, without a proper business behind them. This notion that Steve Bruce saved us is a nonsense, because even if he was a good manager, he would have stood no chance under the calamitous Xia. As it was, despite his default, nothing to do with me guv rhetoric, it’s incredible to believe he hasn’t played a contributing part in us almost going to the wall. Again I’d like to think that wouldn’t happen under good business owners because a) they wouldn’t have appointed him in the first place and b) they wouldn’t have let him build an unsustainable squad. 

Hopefully now they are working hard to get the club back on an even keel and at the same time planning for the future. I don’t think that they want to hang around, but also they’ll know that hurrying appointments at senior level can be fraught with danger. Change is coming, but a few days or weeks, in the great scheme of things, are a small price to pay when looking forward to the future over many years. 

Our demise started after the European Cup victory. Years of under investment with doug, followed by poorly managed investment under randy and mismanagement under xia. I really wish the board would get their shit together and run it like a proper modern club. It's embarressing that a club the size of ours has been overtaken by the likes of Southampton, Leicester and even Brentford! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Our demise started after the European Cup victory. Years of under investment with doug, followed by poorly managed investment under randy and mismanagement under xia. I really wish the board would get their shit together and run it like a proper modern club. It's embarressing that a club the size of ours has been overtaken by the likes of Southampton, Leicester and even Brentford! 

You’re right Doug ran us like his own personal corner shop. Graham Taylor once said, that he gave enough money to make us competitive, but wouldn’t ever go the extra mile when we got close to really be going places. His attempt to remove The European Cup victory from our history is his biggest crime and proved that it was all about him and never about AVFC, and that for me is unforgivable. 

Randy was a generally well meaning idiot and Xia a crooked chancer, without any real money who was an even bigger idiot. Hopefully third time lucky. Too early to tell, but they definitely have the money and seem so far to have their heads screwed on businesswise anyway. I’m impatient for change, but aware that hasty appointments may not be good long term ones. 

• Like 1

On 16/09/2018 at 13:28, Shropshire Lad said:

No I don’t see it with other clubs, but I don’t care enough about other clubs to know who their chief execs are, let alone what they have to say. Off the top of my head I know Woodward at Man Utd, but that’s only because he’s recently been in the press. Couldn’t tell you another one, and I wouldn’t really care to know any others either.

I just find it strange we haven’t had an official welcoming line from Purslow, the person essentially running the club. Yeah it’s gonna be the same old fluff, they’re not going to give us their five year plan in an interview. But to hear nothing is a bit weird to me. 

Maybe he's not going to tell you he's going to show you.

On 20/09/2018 at 20:16, TheStagMan said:

Bye Dr Fraud

It was only impulse that saw me sad smiley like this.

I won't miss him.

Without doubt one of the more peculiar men I have known to be associated with Aston Villa.

Â