The NSWE Board

Guest av1

6 hours ago, dounavilla said:

It was a run, but otherwise spot-on. 

You have won a seat next to Tony at the next game(subject to terms and conditions)

Terms.

You may or may not be sitting next to someone called Tony at the next game, this is subject to pure luck or if you were bringing someone called Tony with you, which is your choice entirely as Tickets are not included in this prize.

* bored too...

I was hoping for a trip to the Theme park but **** it, This will do.  :thumb:

• Like 1

On 06/01/2019 at 15:49, OutByEaster? said:

I think our FFP situation improves some once the relegation season and its very large losses drop out of the calculation period, but I think the losses we're making in the Championship will still leave us with some problems - albeit hopefully surmountable ones.

As ever, this spring's accounts should help us understand/confuse us further.

Our accounts always confuse me!

maybe that's how we will get around FFP as nobody can work them out 😂

• Haha 1

Didn't the Blose have a transfer embargo in place against them for failure to comply with FFP rules?  There was talk about them getting deducted points this season as a result of ignoring the embargo and signing a player in August, but that seems to have gone away all together.  After those stories broke, no action ended up being taken against that club for violating the restrictions placed on them by the EFL.  Sounds like FFP is a joke.

• 4 months later...

to be fair to the board/management team they have done a sterling job.

They are trying to implement the right structure and processes throughout the club, modernising the club from top to bottom, and then making the decision to bring in a modern, forward thinking manager who likes to play proper football from Brentford who is a Villa fan, rather than going for the cliche Henry or other similar type.

They all deserve a lot of credit for making the right decisions so far.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Newry_Villan said:

Christian Purslow has stated we are one year ahead of schedule.

Nassef Sawiris says the sky is the limit and the only way is up.

Wes Edens declares chapter 2 of our journey begins now.

Excited much??

No matter what the future holds we would not be here without these, my overriding feeling after yesterday right now, looking back on where we was 12 months ago is just heartfelt thanks to Wes and Nasif for stopping this club going bankrupt.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

Christian Purslow has stated we are one year ahead of schedule.

Nassef Sawiris says the sky is the limit and the only way is up.

Wes Edens declares chapter 2 of our journey begins now.

Excited much??

Amusement Park or no deal.

• Haha 1

Absolutely, without them we would have sold Jack at whatever knock-down price we could have, returned all loanees and sold whatever other players we could with probably a lot of free transfers to get them off the wage bill..... And all that still might not have been enough. 

We owe them a huge debt of gratitude and hopefully they have now had a great deal of that debt repaid. 

I am 100% sure they are the right people to take us forwards. 

• Like 2

They've rescued us from Championship obscurity. I don't sense that they intend to bankroll the club and spend big money on established talent. I think we'll go down the route of trying to sign young players with alot if potential and I'd be more than happy with that. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

How much are they worth again? 

Nas is worth $7.5 billion while Wes is worth $2.5 billion. So together they're worth a combined $10 billion, but the Sawiris family are the richest family in Egypt with a worth of $36 billion. So if Nassef wants to get more people involved in this Aston Villa project he has plenty of financial support. 

38 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Nas is worth $7.5 billion while Wes is worth $2.5 billion. So together they're worth a combined $10 billion, but the Sawiris family are the richest family in Egypt with a worth of $36 billion. So if Nassef wants to get more people involved in this Aston Villa project he has plenty of financial support. 

With his family it sounds like there could be potential for completely legal and above board financial practices also employed by certain Emiratis regarding their club... 

• Like 2

Â