The NSWE Board

Guest av1

3rd richest club in Britain with ease.

Arguably we might be 2nd as Sawiris seems to have way more money than we think (however people might also say that about Abramovich).

Thing is even if Daniel Ek takes over Arse, Sawiris alone is still worth at least five times more.

Exciting times for Villa these next few years.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah combined NSWE are 3rd in Prem after Abramovich and Mansour. 

Thing is wealth isn't the key aspect. Some owners want to put the money in some don't. 

Exactly the SOTON owners are the 10th richest with a few billion but have a budget of about 10m. (Chinese owner can't get his money out of China. Sound similar?)

• Like 1

It's simply a risk / reward and level of ambition. 

An owner can want a Premier League football club who are consistently in the League and self sustainable. This is an asset that will grow significantly in value over time as has been seen over the past 2 decades. 

Then there are owners who want to invest in the Premier League football club to push the club into one of the top teams in the League on a regular basis. This takes 100s of millions in investment and has more risk attached to it but a bigger reward. If it works the revenues are grown with the success and it becomes a sustainable top end team. 

To really pull that off you need a big city club with a big fanbase. So there are maybe 8 to 10 clubs like that in England. Villa being one of them.

In my opinion, I think the fundamental component to success is the club culture being distinct from its head coach. So that investing in the playing squad is very consistent through different head coaches. Ideally you get one great coach and keep them for long period of time

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

I've a feeling it's a bit misleading.  He seems to be worth $8.3bn, but a couple of years ago he seems to have been worth about $7.9bn. 

I suspect this is a case of most shares being wiped out 12 months ago by covid and have now broadly recovered. Adidas shares were 172euros in March 2020 after a massive dive, and they are now 290 euros, nearly but not quite what they were pre covid. 

So he along with everyone else who hold large stock market holdings took a massive stock market hit 12-18 months ago and they've now recovered. 

You can bet he's been buying more shares whilst they were low though.  Apparently a few months ago he bought a big chunk of the New York Nicks after their shares took a dive due to Covid measures.  It's how the rich get richer during financial crisis.  Warren Buffet has always said that the best time to rush into the market is when everyone else is rushing away so long as the company is basically sound. 

$8.3bn 🤣 now that is bonkers money.

I hope the pair of them continue and we can break the boring 4 or 5 with Leicester. If its gonna happen, it's gonna happen soon. We want it and the country wants it deep down.

29 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

We want it and the country wants it deep down.

Reading their individual forums full of meltdowns, tantrums, blasphemies, outrages and all-of-a-sudden unfounded targeted hatred of the Villa, I'm not sure that fans of the 'big six' would agree. 

Status Quo and all that. 

I remember when Deano first went in, saying how this club has to be back amongst the top 6 in the country. Sounds like that was the objective from the very start, not just soundbites that they thought we wanted to hear.

Its just been perfect how the plan has come together steadily & surely, and shows no signs but full-steam ahead. I never thought we’d close the gap to even the mid table sides, it seemed so far away. But Thank McGrath, these men at Villa have serious clout and they’ve been absolutely first class in every aspect. UTV

On 17/06/2021 at 13:23, Lord Willard said:

Exactly the SOTON owners are the 10th richest with a few billion but have a budget of about 10m. (Chinese owner can't get his money out of China. Sound similar?)

Chinese owner probably can't get his money out of his bank. (at home)...let alone the country.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

On 17/06/2021 at 15:06, CVByrne said:

Yeah combined NSWE are 3rd in Prem after Abramovich and Mansour. 

Thing is wealth isn't the key aspect. Some owners want to put the money in some don't. 

Sure I read somewhere that, Sawiris family group actually own us, and combined they are worth 40 billion plus?

Forgive me if it's actually bollox.

• Like 1

Â