The NSWE Board

Guest av1

14 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

That's the key point to temper excitement. If the cheating bullshit FFP racket didn't exist to stop teams threatening the Super League Spackers we could really push forwards even quicker but we are limited despite having owners that may be willing and possible to invest even more, but can't.

Spot on 

Man city and Chelsea very lucky they got cash injection at a time where there were no restrictions 

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Spot on 

Man city and Chelsea very lucky they got cash injection at a time where there were no restrictions 

Well, so did we. Lerner's takeover was our chance to get up there and established before City really got going. However he went with O'Neill and his favourites/has beens, got divorced and lost half his money, saw man city get took over not by one but a consortium of billionaires of which the poorest is worth like 5 billion... and baulked

• Like 1

Just now, VillaJ100 said:

Well, so did we. Lerner's takeover was our chance to get up there and established before City really got going. However he went with O'Neill and his favourites/has beens, got divorced and lost half his money, saw man city get took over not by one but a consortium of billionaires of which the poorest is worth like 5 billion... and baulked

Indeed all true. Still we are where we are now and we can't take full advantage of our luck in having seemingly good owners.

3 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Difference is we bought Heskey. Man City bought Aguero 😭

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

The thing that makes me happy about the way these guys are approaching things is that there's a definite plan here. It's not just a case of hiring a flash manager and handing him a big transfer kitty, but we've also brought in a lot of expertise in a lot of backroom areas (lots of assistant managers, Lange and his scouting network, etc) and even more importantly we've brought in someone well-respected to run the Academy and then given them the financial backing to get the players he wants in. I love to see us just hoovering up all the talented kids for our youth teams because to me it shows that our owners understand that you can't half-arse things if you want to compete at the top, and that they're willing to invest in this project for at least a 5-10 year horizon.

It's quite telling to me that we got Buendia because we were decisive - we met Norwich's valuation immediately, and apparently Lange had been chatting to him and telling him that he was our number 1 target for this window. We didn't mess the club or the player around and so he ended up joining us instead of a London club with bigger name appeal.

What a great time to be a Villa fan. I really hope we get another couple of marquee signings in before the season starts because we'll be favourites for the European places if we do.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Paulie said:

Just for reference, here’s the last starting XI we played before NSWE bought the club.  Incredible how far we have come.

0E72F6DC-0F7C-4961-A8F7-58AABE339BCF.jpeg

Wow. Forgot we had Grabban for half a season in the Championship! 

• Like 2

On the very slim chance that anyone from senior management views this thread I just want to say thank you. 2yrs ago I thought that the club I loved was going into administration, fast forward 2yrs and I’m dreaming of Europe (actually I’m just dreaming of beating those bastards Manchester) 

Purslow deserves credit as well, but you guys have allowed me to dream again, and isn’t that what sport is all about?

Thank you  

3 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

In any case, I'm very happy with the way things are going now, and we seem to have a good pair of heads in charge (for the moment).

Just hope some of the academy boys makes it.

Success would feel better seeing your local boys doing well for you rather than everything just being bought.

• Like 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

Just hope some of the academy boys makes it.

Success would feel better seeing your local boys doing well for you rather than everything just being bought.

Yes, I agree with that. I like that we're investing in a sizeable home-grown/British contingent for the first and youth teams without going full-on Burnley.

The Buendia signing and the Grealish speculation is starting make people notice our owners.

You would expect people to know about them but the self interest and the media attention on the top 6 means most are not aware. Especially foreign fans of the top 6, you see in the comments on social media that they are unaware.

Starting to see more comments and articles on our owners and ambition, people starting to notice, part of that is due to Jack imo but anyone anything to do with football knows.

My mate was a coach at baggies and he said when we took Harrison that we were planning big things with youth.

Our training ground is class, stadium plans underway, our staff infrastructure, scouting and transfers.

The other sense I’m getting and this might be the claret and blue glasses, there’s a bit of an “oh ****” moment going on, there’s a big boy back in town with the funds, business aggression and agility and most importantly a plan. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nicho said:

The Buendia signing and the Grealish speculation is starting make people notice our owners.

You would expect people to know about them but the self interest and the media attention on the top 6 means most are not aware. Especially foreign fans of the top 6, you see in the comments on social media that they are unaware.

Starting to see more comments and articles on our owners and ambition, people starting to notice, part of that is due to Jack imo but anyone anything to do with football knows.

My mate was a coach at baggies and he said when we took Harrison that we were planning big things with youth.

Our training ground is class, stadium plans underway, our staff infrastructure, scouting and transfers.

The other sense I’m getting and this might be the claret and blue glasses, there’s a bit of an “oh ****” moment going on, there’s a big boy back in town with the funds, business aggression and agility and most importantly a plan. 

Surprising really, it's actually a very good story.

Think back to the coverage of Mansour when he took over Citeh, the press were lapping it up. 

I guess it goes hand in hand with our owners not really shouting from the rooftops and just getting on with stuff...which I like.

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

ta GIF

Again, keep saying. These guys are absolutely loaded but incredibly intelligent. 

If they sold a few players and the club tomorrow they'd make money. 

• Like 1

Â