John Terry

KJT123

STEVE BRUCE is ready to launch a desperate S.O.S. to John Terry in a bid to persuade the 37-year-old warrior to return to Aston Villa.

SunSport can exclusively reveal the under-fire Villa boss wants new owners Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens to sanction a dramatic return for the veteran defender.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7168729/john-terry-aston-villa-back-steve-bruce-championship-bid/

• Like 2

Just now, villa89 said:

He's getting very desperate if this is his best idea. 

With the window now closed there aren't to many other options.

I'm 50/50, I realise it would be a great signing given the circumstances but don't want cracks papered over to buy Bruce time.

However if it means getting the job done then so be it.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

I would love JT back, it would stabilise and calm the rearguard back to last season, take Mile Jedinak out of that bloomin' central defence position and give us a real chance at the top 6 again. Plus I'm guessing that last season JT gave his own teamtalks which weren't just variations of "Pull your sleeves and socks up lads, show 'em we mean business!"....

50/50 we'll pull it off again though, oh, and can we take Januzaj on loan?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, villa89 said:

He's getting very desperate if this is his best idea. 

Not desperate. Sensible. Even grealish hasn’t been playing as well without JT. His influence was absolutely huge. More of a captain than Chester in my view.

bring him home

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not desperate. Sensible. Even grealish hasn’t been playing as well without JT. His influence was absolutely huge. More of a captain than Chester in my view.

bring him home

Plus he knows Tammy and recommend him to come here. Would be invaluable for the leadership and influence alone. Groom Axel to rotate with him and all good. 

• Like 1