Updating Payment Details

Stevo985

Question

I mentioned in another thread that my advert free had expired, and because I had a new card it hadn't auto-renewed.

So now I'm trying to update my payment details, but I can't find anywhere where I can do it.

I'm assuming the right place is Store --> My Details. 
But the link to "My Details" doesn't work. Even if I right click and "open link in new tab" it just opens whatever page I'm already on in a new tab.

So is that the right place to change my details? And if so is the link broken?

Cookies and cache cleared. Tried chrome and internet explorer on my work Windows PC. I've also tried chrome and Safari on my iPhone running iOS

11 answers to this question

29 minutes ago, limpid said:

Have you tried selecting your option and checking out?

Yep

When I click "Add to Cart" is says:

You are only allowed to purchase one of this product, and you have already done so.

Error code: 1X247/1

Edited by Stevo985

Tried a workaround.

Found the email I was sent when it tried to auto renew.
On there there was a link to "Update payment details".

Clicked that and it brought me to an option to add a new card. Tried that and it let me enter card details. But then got a message that "there was an error processing your payment".

Tried a couple of times to make sure I didn't make a mistake entering details. Still not working.

Still not quite there for me.

I can now add to my cart and try to pay. But it's still an old card.

When I try to add a new card I'm now getting the message that "The zip code you supplied has failed verification" (even though it hasn't asked me for a zip code)

Again I'm guessing this might be something I need to update in the My Details section. But that link is still broken:

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

But the link to "My Details" doesn't work. Even if I right click and "open link in new tab" it just opens whatever page I'm already on in a new tab.

It's a VIllaTalk Page I think.

It's whatever page I'm taken to when I click "Update Payment Details" on the email I was sent.

I'd attach screenshots but it seems to have reduced my attachment limit to 1MB as well

Edited by Stevo985
5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've done it. I had to delete the card it had on there already and then add my new card and it worked.

It still has the wrong billing address for me but I can't figure out how to change that.

I was half way through a reply ?

I can see the activity on your account in the payment processor - including a reference saying "details were updated". It might be that if you entered other details they'll get added later. It all went through fine eventually.

Thanks

• Thanks 1