2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/09/18 at 22:59

50 minutes ago, terrytini said:

By no means all. In fact I was surprised how limited the anti Bruce chant was.

We looked formless.......although CH coming on improved things, as did putting Kodja on the wing - both of which looked good last week as well. Kodja looks ten times the player once he’s out wide.

Its always interesting watching a game from close to the pitch, compared to the upper Holte.....what stood out for me was how hard it was to spot the lone figure of Kodja in their half of the pitch first half. Their was never another Villa player within 40 metres of him.

Also very noticeable was how when United moved up it was as an 8, or even a 9, whereas too often we were deep.

Chester is suffering from being unsure of his CB, but more so of his GK........there seems no communication whatsoever between GK and back 4.

Mcginn did well enough but tried to be everywhere in order to address our weakness, this meant he was far less effective than previously.

A really poor end to a really poor and frustrating week.

I was central behind the goal and the majority were calling for Bruce. 

What was evident today was how quickly United moved the ball compared to us. Our movement off the ball is pathetic - we’re too dependant on Grealish, McGinn and Kodja coming up with something out of the ordinary to create something. 

I’ve supported Bruce up until now but I do think he’s taken us as far as he can and change is required.

Just now, Robbie09 said:

What was evident today was how quickly United moved the ball compared to us. Our movement off the ball is pathetic - we’re too dependant on Grealish, McGinn and Kodja coming up with something out of the ordinary to create something. 

I’ve supported Bruce up until now but I do think he’s taken us as far as he can and change is required.

Well I was central behind the goal as well and disagree !

To be specific...

Twice the United fans sang. “ sacked in the morning and a large number of Villa - but no more than half I’d say - joined in.

About 4 times the fans to our far right tried “ we want Bruce out” but hardly anyone other than the 30/50 or somthatbtried it joined in. Once it did get a few more but well short of a majority.

There was plenty of people requesting that “ potato head/ fat xyz/ should leave, but again, nowhere near half.

Id say there was hostility - two fights next to me between different people over whether he should go or not.....and chanting.....but I’d say a quite resignation was the dominant emotion.

5 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Agree about ball movement - we did it much better when CH came on imo but only really because they sat back - and I’d agree we can’t move it quickly because there is no player movement.....and the players are miles from each other.

3 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

I have a villa jersey hanging in my office.  It was given to me by the club and Stan Petrov signed it.  It’s hard for me to explain to Americans why I support what is now a shit team.  I don’t know how you guys that live in the midlands can do it.  

When the team you support is shameful it’s not easy.  We will continue to bleed supporters, or the ones that still bleed claret and blue will just grow numb.  We MUST turn this around.  

Bruce out is only step 1.  But it’s an essential step 1

I will speak as a guy from Birmingham on this earth for 43 years.

Thanks to my dad I follow Villa and if you look at the alternatives round here who else you going to support!

Shitfest today and for the past 10 years but still better than the rest of the jealous clubs round here! 

Bruce out!

4 hours ago, TRO said:

You don't get performances and results like this without an inherent problem.

He has to go.....this is not " prepared"

I agree but didn’t we drop the ‘prepared’ moniker a few seasons back?

I seem to remember Burnley then starting to use it, was it their second or third season in the Prem?

Just now, MickeyC_UTV said:

I agree but didn’t we drop the ‘prepared’ moniker a few seasons back?

I seem to remember Burnley then starting to use it, was it their second or third season in the Prem?

I thought it was still our club Motto......but how ironically inappropriate anyway.

It needs to have a prefix in front of it " Illprepared"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was in the Home end today, in the same stand as our fans but the top tier. First time I’ve gone in the wrong end ever - what a game to pick.

We were awful and Bruce needs to go I think. We can’t carry on like this.

4 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

I have a villa jersey hanging in my office.  It was given to me by the club and Stan Petrov signed it.  It’s hard for me to explain to Americans why I support what is now a shit team.  I don’t know how you guys that live in the midlands can do it.  

When the team you support is shameful it’s not easy.  We will continue to bleed supporters, or the ones that still bleed claret and blue will just grow numb.  We MUST turn this around.  

Bruce out is only step 1.  But it’s an essential step 1

I'm from Finland. Because of Enckelman for me it's always what I owe to villa, not what excitement and success villa owes me. I guess it's same with you and Guzan.

Seriously, I was watching - and wearing my last year's home shirt, only to change half time  to Agbonlahor shirt from the first macron season because that one usually gives me luck -with my 4 month old son. Of course he didn't pay attention football. But anyway, I was going to order him his first Villa kit. But I won't. I'm not sure yet I want to put him through all this.

• Like 2

We should have four centre-backs (to allow for cover for injuries), but we've effectively only got one and a half, with Tuanzebe as half as he has so little experience. And now the transfer window's shut. Great. So, regardless of whether Bruce continues as the manager or not, I think that suddenly this season's already looking likely to be a write-off.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I thought it was still our club Motto......but how ironically inappropriate anyway.

It needs to have a prefix in front of it " Illprepared"

Unfortunately so, and has been the case for too long..

ill-prepared

un-prepared

not-prepared

never-prepared

and the possible suffix, well that is another story

3 hours ago, S-Platt said:

I will speak as a guy from Birmingham on this earth for 43 years.

Thanks to my dad I follow Villa and if you look at the alternatives round here who else you going to support!

Shitfest today and for the past 10 years but still better than the rest of the jealous clubs round here! 

Bruce out!

Wouldn’t say we are better than Wolves or WBA and I don’t think they are jealous of us at all at the moment.

• Like 1

Bruce was done as a manager over a year ago, and only individual performances have hidden this.

He has left the squad in sich disarray that i fear we will have conceded more by xmas than we did all last season.

The man is washed up and the new ownets have revealed how truly amayeurish they were to keep him.

If they dont have the balls to sack him this week, they deserve all the misery keeping this has been will bring them!

• Like 1

On 02/09/2018 at 00:24, fifamad said:

Wouldn’t say we are better than Wolves or WBA and I don’t think they are jealous of us at all at the moment.

Boggiesare well known as "The jealous guys", they hate being in our shadow, small time dicks.

small queef are just shit with lobotomy-volunteer followers

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Boggiesare well known as "The jealous guys", they hate being in our shadow, small time dicks.

small queef are just shit with lobotomy-volunteer followers

Had a few beers,mate? Or have you been hanging out with demitri ?

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Â