Match Thread: Sheff Utd v Villa

limpid

with the squad that Bruce has had, I think he's done a terrible job here. Cardiff promoted last season and I don't think they really had a squad that better than us. It's clearly not working.

Interesting how Sheffield United have players in a natural position, in a consistent formation they continue to use, with a consistent way they seek to play. That is the sign of a good manager, how is doing a brilliant job there. Very little resources but is taking games to the bigger sides and overachieving.

Our manager who has had millions to spend changes formation every 3 months and sticks square pegs in round holes. 

1 minute ago, DoubtGin said:

Steve Bruce – "There will be huge changes tomorrow – the team will be unrecognisable "

he said this yesterday, and Whelan for Bjarnason is the only difference.

He must have meant changes from the cup game.  Unless he meant unrecognisable as footballers

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

with the squad that Bruce has had, I think he's done a terrible job here. Cardiff promoted last season and I don't think they really had a squad that better than us. It's clearly not working.

Cardiff had an average team with a below average manager that just played very defensive football but ground out results from being solid at the back, they will be relegated from the Premier League because this just wont work at that level. This is exactly what Bruce is trying to do.

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

Cardiff had an average team with a below average manager that just played very defensive football but ground out results from being solid at the back, they will be relegated from the Premier League because this just wont work at that level. This is exactly what Bruce is trying to do.

Apart from the being solid at the back bit!

3 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

He can't though, Neil Warnock is a better manager. Bruce has always scraped through the playoffs as a cheque book manager and is continually being found out.