Christian Purslow

villan-scott

18 minutes ago, av1 said:

I don't want to dig up old ground, but the difference with this bloke to the likes of Wyness (sp?) Is absolutely night and day. 

I'm confident in every single position at the club atm, from owners down to the Manager. 

I'm not sure when I could last day that. 

So much this. I want to pile on the positivity. I am 100% happy with my club this season.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

1 hour ago, av1 said:

I don't want to dig up old ground, but the difference with this bloke to the likes of Wyness (sp?) Is absolutely night and day. 

I'm confident in every single position at the club atm, from owners down to the Manager. 

I'm not sure when I could last day that. 

swap jack woodward for Emma Willis and jobs done

• Like 2

On 04/02/2021 at 23:00, MaVilla said:

Purslow Interview (4th Feb)

INTERVIEW | Christian Purslow delivers club update

https://video.avfc.co.uk/video/dm9kJTdDMF90bzRmMnhhYSU3QyUyRnNlY3Rpb24lM0ZzbHVnJTNEaG9tZSU3Q2hvbWUlMkZoZXJvX2Nhcm91c2Vs?lang=en

Notes:

- States they werent definitely going to do business in Jan, but if something came up that was worthwhile & a good deal, they would.

- States they enquired about Sanson in the summer but the quoted fee was too high, with the depression in the market it allowed them to move swiftly to secure him in Jan rather than wait until next summer, mentioned they would have gone for him in the summer if he wasnt signed in Jan.

- Mentions is was good to get Sanson in Jan as it gives him the rest of this season to settle and adapt.

- Discusses that they have a long term strategy with regard to improving the team and transfers (specifically mentions a 5 year plan).

- Discusses this seasons progress compared to last year.

- Discusses the Academy.

Very impressive interview. He could talk his way out of a cave in the Afghan mountains if he had to.

It is very reassuring that there are people like him are involved in the running of the club. As @Zatman mentioned, it was very interesting that the owners will back the transfers if Purslow and co deem it an opportunity too good to miss. Their commitment to keep the club on the up is very evident.

I also liked his nod to the players on loan, leaving the door open for a possible return to the team. Whether true or not, it should keep them motivated to do well on loan and keep working hard when they return. Also on that subject, he was very clear to point out the importance of having your players playing (not necessarily for you) in order to keep their value up.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Even mentioned how he took time out to go watch the women's team train. strikes me as very hands on.

Aston Villa 1, Me Too. 

Edited by Wezbid

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

My CEO! ❤️

European Super League reaction - England's 'big six' agree to join

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/56797739 (within comments)

image.png.9fcea1d43bfcb0458abd8982c902278e.png

Just make sure you argue for their expulsion from the PL tomorrow Christian. Its good for Villa and good for all of football if they leave. Terrible if they stay. 

5 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Could be in demand with all the resignations from the deluded 12.

Maybe so, but he is a shareholder so it's in his vested interest to make Villa successful and worth a far few quid, he's going nowhere.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

I'm a big fan of Mr. Purslow. He fills me with confidence every time that I hear him speak.

He's the real deal unlike some of the lightweights/chancers we've had in recent years in that position. 

• 1 month later...
Â