Jump to content
villan-scott

Christian Purslow

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, TRO said:

and Tammy.

Both who were there under Bruce, while we sat bottom half of the championship.

Strange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Both who were there under Bruce, while we sat bottom half of the championship.

Strange.

We were 2 pts off 6th.

It's not like we were way off drift.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, villalad21 said:

We were 2 pts off 6th.

It's not like we were way off drift.

And yet we sacked bruce. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

And yet we sacked bruce. 

The right decision. Turned ugly with the fans, there were no repairing that.

I'm just so tired of mediocre British manager appointments. I am so envious on Leeds landing Bielsa.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, villalad21 said:

The right decision. Turned ugly with the fans, there were no repairing that.

I'm just so tired of mediocre British manager appointments. I am so envious on Leeds getting Bielsa.

A mediocre Argentinian manager who is all hype no end product

His trophy cabinet is embarrassing for his hype

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zatman said:

A mediocre Argentinian manager who is all hype no end product

His trophy cabinet is embarrassing for his hype

You have labeled him as a bottler yet he is currently winning the Championship. 8 point gap to 3rd place now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

You have labeled him as a bottler yet he is currently winning the Championship. 8 point gap to 3rd place now.

Yes. He has managed for 30 years amd has bottled many times. If he doesn't bottle it this season then it will be a rare example of keeping his bottle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Yes. He has managed for 30 years amd has bottled many times. If he doesn't bottle it this season then it will be a rare example of keeping his bottle 

So in your opinion if a manager isn't winning trophies they are shit?

What does that make Dean Smith then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

So in your opinion if a manager isn't winning trophies they are shit?

What does that make Dean Smith then?

If a manager had a worldwide reputation as a genius then he should have big trophies in his cabinet 

As for Dean Smith 2019 Playoff winner a tournament Bielsa also bottled 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he finishes mid table in the Premier League next season i'm sure you would say he bottled it since he didn't manage to win the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Purslow has overseen the club spend an absolute fortune on rubbish. He should be held accountable and if I were the owners I’d be asking him what the hell he was thinking. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn’t Purslow bring in Roy Hodgson when he  was at Liverpool? Now I like Roy. Be he was never gonna hack it at a club like Liverpool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Eastie said:

Very interesting read and shows the disdain for purslow elsewhere - 

 

Tyrrell operated behind the scenes but Purslow craved attention. The players nicknamed him ‘Forrest Gump’ because of his tendency to insert himself at the centre of every situation. The managing director had a more grandiose view when he looked in the mirror: he referred to himself as ‘the Fernando Torres of finance.’ He liked to be around the star players, making a beeline for the striker and Steven Gerrard whenever he entered the dressing room. It became a running joke within the squad.

 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/aston-villa-vs-liverpool-why-christian-purslow-paul-tyrrell-villains-anfield-a9180396.html

 


The author does seem very annoyed by his personal snubbing by Liverpool's previous ownership though. Makes it hard to see whether or not Purlow did a bad job or not. Tony Evans comes across like a very bitter small man.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

The right decision. Turned ugly with the fans, there were no repairing that.

I'm just so tired of mediocre British manager appointments. I am so envious on Leeds landing Bielsa.

Agreed. No more British tat please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

 

IIRC, Jack was out injured for quite some time. Around this same time Smith was coming under the same pressure as he is now.

Jack came back and we went on a sensational run of form which propelled us up the league and saved Smith's arse on that occasion.

It's all on Smith because he is the one who is in charge of the players and their performances and the results that come with that. 

With all the talking Smith has done of "his team setup mirror him" and "killing teams off before half time" etc. is all well and good, but this season the only team looking to be killed off by half time has been us. The reflection of that hasn't been pleasant viewing.

 

So, why didn't Grealish bring us up the year before? Why are we not outside the relegation zone because of Grealish. Whatever you say, you and many others, are crediting the players for when we do well but blaming the manager when it all goes wrong. It doesn't work like that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

So, why didn't Grealish bring us up the year before? Why are we not outside the relegation zone because of Grealish. Whatever you say, you and many others, are crediting the players for when we do well but blaming the manager when it all goes wrong. It doesn't work like that.  

That's the way you have made it appear and insinuate. Anyway, The year before last he almost did! - We got beat in the final though and under a different manager!

We're not outside the relegation zone through both Jack and the current manager not pulling their weight this season and not being setup effectively.

It's also a different league with a different team of players to that of the 2019 season.

 

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

That's the way you have made it appear and insinuate. Anyway, The year before last he almost did, We got beat in the final though and under a different manager.

We're not outside the relegation zone through both Jack and the current manager not pulling their weight this season.

It's also a different league with a different team of players to that of the 2019 season.

I haven't done anything to insinuate that. It's on this site in black and white. 

"We got promoted because of jack and Tammy."

A high percentage want the manager gone now.

I don't have to make anything appear when it's there waiting for you.

Edited by Mjvilla
To clarify for avfcrigo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

If he finishes mid table in the Premier League next season i'm sure you would say he bottled it since he didn't manage to win the league.

Ifs and buts are easy. You can't respond to @Zatman s facts with its and buts. Pathetic again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I haven't done anything to insinuate that. It's on this site in black and white. 

We got promoted because of jack and Tammy.

So you also agree it was Jack that got us promoted and saved Smith? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â