Christian Purslow

villan-scott

Talks a good game when you see him on tv, But to give smith this new contract that they did was dreadful, the only thing they should have done was sack smith at Xmas, as everyone could see where we was heading then

Aston Villa Football Club (Club) is a member of the Premier League and is subject to its rules and regulations. As required by those regulations, the Club can confirm that the following persons have a significant interest (as that term is defined in the Premier League Regulations) in the Club:

Nassef Sawiris
Wes Edens

Very true, next season being back in the championship will mean we will have spent four of the last five seasons as a championship club. At one time even being midtable in the premier league was seen as a sackable offence, now it seems we just accept how poor we are.

Think he got cared away in the euphoria of promotion which is strange considering he's been working in football a long time and at a club like Liverpool.

If I remember rightly he said we were going to attack every team in the premier league (or that might've been DS), we were just content to stay up (oh dear) and we weren't interested in the loan market anymore (again u turn in January). Naive which rather sums us up in last 12 months.

You can forgive us on here as that's what fans are like to get carried away and have unrealistic expectations but little worried when the CEO of the club is like that when we taste a tiny bit of success as after all Aston Villa hasn't built itself on just getting promoted from the second division.

42 minutes ago, useless said:

Aston Villa Football Club (Club) is a member of the Premier League and is subject to its rules and regulations. As required by those regulations, the Club can confirm that the following persons have a significant interest (as that term is defined in the Premier League Regulations) in the Club:

Nassef Sawiris
Wes Edens

This is presumably just those that own more than 25%

38 minutes ago, useless said:

Very true, next season being back in the championship will mean we will have spent four of the last five seasons as a championship club. At one time even being midtable in the premier league was seen as a sackable offence, now it seems we just accept how poor we are.

At one time we used to finished regular in the top half of the prem so of course expectations were higher. 

Your post shows why it is so ridiculous everyone getting on the manager.  

6 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Needs far more criticism, talks a good game and probably financially astute but footballing knowledge appears piss poor. 

Suso / DS and sticking with them looks an absolute clown decision 

My uncle (Liverpool fan) lent me his book on their Champions League win last year (think it's called Allez Allez Allez). There are several mentions of Purslow from his time there and everyone comes across as he was good at his job except he kept getting involved in football decisions instead of staying in his lane.

3 hours ago, hippo said:

That's my worry as well.

Would be strange. They honestly though we were guarenteed to stay up with the signings we made? Suso must've convinced them we were signing future balon D'or winners when they signed the cheque although as I've said a few times I believe our new rebranded young and hungry approach was pushed by Wes Edens given interviews he's given this season on how clubs should sign players based on analysis. Think Nas is more in the background other than perhaps pushing us to sign Trezeguet.

They also wanted us to be challenging to play in europe in 3-4 years although most new owners say stuff like that. Can only really doing that signing players of the standard Wolves have been last two years. I'd still love us to stay up and see how long it takes for us to start going after better quality players of course.

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Think he got cared away in the euphoria of promotion which is strange considering he's been working in football a long time and at a club like Liverpool.

If I remember rightly he said we were going to attack every team in the premier league (or that might've been DS), we were just content to stay up (oh dear) and we weren't interested in the loan market anymore (again u turn in January). Naive which rather sums us up in last 12 months.

You can forgive us on here as that's what fans are like to get carried away and have unrealistic expectations but little worried when the CEO of the club is like that when we taste a tiny bit of success as after all Aston Villa hasn't built itself on just getting promoted from the second division.

It was DS that said we would attack every team in the PL. I remember the shudders pulsing through my body at the time. I genuinely knew we were in big trouble at that moment. The way he said it made him look like a competition winner! 

10 hours ago, hippo said:

That's my worry as well.

It could be a worry, but I don't think they're so short sighted. I hope they're in this for the long term. I guess we'll see soon enough.

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

It could be a worry, but I don't think they're so short sighted. I hope they're in this for the long term. I guess we'll see soon enough.

If they want to see any return on investment when they sell Villa need to be back as a established premier league side.

Mind you the last owner who actually made any money from us was Doug who is still probably laughing now.

To me Purslow and the board has failed as miserably as Smith.

If they were as ambitious as they claim to be they would hire a manager who could match that ambition. Not a bloke from Walsall and Brentford.

Edited by villalad21

Â