Christian Purslow

villan-scott

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

One of the most disappointing things is how much we've wasted all the positivity from the end of last year. 

The whole fanbase united. The players singing sweet caroline in the hotel after the playoffs. Villa fans as captain and manager. 

And we've thrown it all away. We're going down with the same **** whimper as sherwood, garde and black gave us. 

Yup that’s pretty how much a few of my mates are feeling at the moment

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

One of the most disappointing things is how much we've wasted all the positivity from the end of last year. 

The whole fanbase united. The players singing sweet caroline in the hotel after the playoffs. Villa fans as captain and manager. 

And we've thrown it all away. We're going down with the same **** whimper as sherwood, garde and black gave us. 

Tends to happen when you not only lose but lose in such a shit manner. It's easy to be positive when you are winning, shit , even playing well but not getting results , we aren't doing any of that. It's so disappointing.

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Pretty much this.

People say Sheffield United had it easier as WIlder constructed that group over years. He actually only took over them in June 2016. At that point theyd finished 9th in league 1. So he's had the same time as we've had since relegation from the prem first time and at a far lower base with an equally dysfunctional club.

First season we were in the championship Wolves had Paul Lambert as manager and Weimann upfront.

It shouldn't take a decade to construct a reasonably competitive prem team but we make it look a near impossible task.

I think we'll come back up fairly quickly though. At least they'll be more scrutiny on our transfer dealings next time and don't think the club will get away with taking so many punts on unproven players next time.

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It's so bloody true. I really thought we'd kick on. That everton home game seems a lifetime ago. Back to the Championship, where the board will hire another wrong manager and sign poorer players whilst one of the country's best young talents, who from a young boy dreamed of winning trophy's with this club, plays for man **** u

• Sad 1

Just now, tomav84 said:

It's so bloody true. I really thought we'd kick on. That everton home game seems a lifetime ago. Back to the Championship, where the board will hire another wrong manager and sign poorer players whilst one of the country's best young talents, who from a young boy dreamed of winning trophy's with this club, plays for man **** u

God it really does. 

Anyone remember the interview him and Deano did after promotion, they asked Deano what his aims for the PL season was and he said "to finish first, otherwise what's the point?" - I knew it was ridiculous but I loved the sentiment.

The look Purslow gave him when he said that, is probably the look etched on his face right now. lol

1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

It’s money men running football affairs. Suso & moneyball it’s 2015 l/16 again. 

Also his inability to act in November shows a complete lack of footballing knowledge, he talks a good game but that’s all it is, talk

I think its more loyalty to him as he did so well to get us up. Also the fact that he os popular with the villa fan base.

But lsst night was the final chance for him after that performance.  His post match comments saying we defended well as well was actually laughable

7 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

It’s money men running football affairs. Suso & moneyball it’s 2015 l/16 again. 

Also his inability to act in November shows a complete lack of footballing knowledge, he talks a good game but that’s all it is, talk

All the foreign moneyball signings except Ayew have gone to play European football. Maybe wasnt the problem

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

For a start this season we didnt have a spine, we had to build one. 

Nobody at club thought about promotion until late last season so we were always going to be chasing players not wanted by other clubs

• Thanks 1

Something has to be done at this point, just don't ask me what though because I can't see anyway to keep us up unless we bring someone spectacular in, who can work magic in a few games notice. The only way I can see someone spectacular coming in to Coach this lot of Bafoons is if we pay that Coach/manager handsomely till the end of the season. If we go down that coach or manager goes and if he keeps us up we pay him even more to stay and get us moving in the right direction next season.

Part of me want a to stick with Smith because I still do feel that it's going to take Smith a return and a second stint to get this lot playing the way they should be. The other part is desperation and hope we bring in someone else now as I don't want championship football for us next season.

I feel that we may actually need championship football before bringing a newly formed team into the prem, it's crazy my feelings on this because it's not easy sorted if we get rid of Smith. I know it can't get worse than this at the moment but it can get worse for us in the championship and that's what I really do not want to see happen to the point we become a nothing team, we do have to proceed cautiously, as it could make or break us next season.

Great teams do not get built in one season and I also feel that most were always expecting us to stay up and accepted nothing less, maybe next time that can happen if we can keep this squad together. If we have to sell Jack, thats at least some money in the bank to make some decent changes so long as we buy from the leagues that are closest to home from now on.

57 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Do you think Purslow was trying to convince the FA, in the meeting he had today about the Corona Virus, to Suspend the all premier League football and start it all over again next season.🤣

Loved the way he marched through that shower of shite gaggle of crap reporters like he does it every day, I'd say if we had to debate our way our of relegation then we can start negotiating super Jacks new contract right now. In fact, let's base it on the number of honours won since the games inception...………. Without checking, I think that would mean SHA getting relegated to league 1 too...….. hahahahahahaha

Â