Christian Purslow

villan-scott

42 minutes ago, useless said:

The most interesting thing that he said about the academy hasn't even been picked upon, and that was that the U23 team is now below the U18 team. Not sure how that's going to work, but interesting also that the U18 manager Richard Beale has now left the club, and we're reportedly looking for a new manager for the U23s too, so looks like there's going to some sort of major restructuring going on.

We are also looking for "Head Of Talent ID"

For someone who has the FA Level 4 in Talent Management, Strategy and Leadership in Football.

That qualification has only been out a year! So has to be someone who's already done FA Level 2 in Talent Identification & FA Level 3 - In The Advanced Principles of Talent Identification

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The next crop will know if they're not quite good enough they'll all be told they're shit and not needed.

Bet they can't wait.

Que sera....then they are no good for us then and we give them a chance elsewhere to have a career.  You can't be sentimental in football.

On the other hand, what if it actually makes them actually think they need to work as hard as they can and  want to run through brick walls to make it?

1 hour ago, useless said:

I don't know what it means, but it's what Purslow said at the AGM with the VIlla Trust.

He said that the U23's are under the Academy as in controlled by them and not the first team.

The U23s will have always been controlled by the academy, since the U23s are part of the academy by definition. That's what I thought he meant, but before saying it he said that it's something that many might not realize yet.

1 minute ago, useless said:

The U23s will have always been controlled by the academy, since the U23s are part of the academy by definition. That's what I thought he meant, but before saying it he said that it's something that many might not realize yet.

Not really as they were the 'reserve' team before, playing in the reserve league until it all changed about 4 years ago.

He defo talks the talk, i just hope he walks the walk.

I agree with what he said about the youth setup, and it was interesting what he said about wages & FFP etc, shows just how clearly it is designed to maintain the big clubs as the big clubs, and limit other clubs ability to challenge.

I agree there needs to be some kind of financial stability and support for clubs in all leagues, but no way is FFP the answer imo.

Edited by MaVilla

10 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Players like Gary Gardner made millions out of this club. He should have been binned off 4 or 5 years before he actually was. IIRC it was Bruce who gave him a new deal

He was out on loan most of the time being paid by other clubs?

On 20/02/2020 at 20:12, Villan4Life said:

We are also looking for "Head Of Talent ID"

For someone who has the FA Level 4 in Talent Management, Strategy and Leadership in Football.

That qualification has only been out a year! So has to be someone who's already done FA Level 2 in Talent Identification & FA Level 3 - In The Advanced Principles of Talent Identification

Nice to see that they are using a club badge that is about 12 years old.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Well it seems like another Tom Fox. 

Says all the right things but **** everything up that's related to actual football.

Yup 'empty vessels make the loudest noise'....all the talk in the Summer was to sell tickets!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Yup 'empty vessels make the loudest noise'....all the talk in the Summer was to sell tickets!

Can see the upper trinity shut again next season if we do go down, people won’t want to spend ££ to watch this gutless lot in the championship 

3 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Can see the upper trinity shut again next season if we do go down, people won’t want to spend ££ to watch this gutless lot in the championship 

so you think we have some glory hunting fans who only turned up as we got promoted 🤔

Â