Christian Purslow

villan-scott

2 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Where has he said this? I guess in the AGM but I can’t find any quotes!

Villa Trust AGM, held last night. Purslow did a quick Q&A.

There's a podcast with most of the conversation here:

Edited by pas5898
Added post for Purslow Q and A
  • Thanks 2

Recording of Christian Purslow talking to Villa Trust...

'Each year, the Aston Villa Supporters' Trust AGM gives supporter members exclusive access to ask questions of our CEO. Christian Purslow gave generous time and answers to kit manufacture, Bodymoor Heath development with HS2 in mind, his long-term strategy related to the Under-23s and much more.'

The Villa Trust 2020 AGM

For those who don't want to listen to the podcast Ashley Preece has posted the outline of what he said in a series of tweets.

The biggest thing i take out of this is paying the top players the top wages, ie; assuming we stay up, paying Jack enough to keep him out of the clutches of the so called big boys !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There’s a plan!? An actual plan! Sustainability? What witchcraft is this?

Get the dunking stool ready boys, we’ve got a live one!................................

Love CP. He is making good decisions every day for the betterment of our club. Remember the little ginger ewok that Randy employed. My Lord they were dark days.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, M_Afro said:

There’s a plan!? An actual plan! Sustainability? What witchcraft is this?

Get the dunking stool ready boys, we’ve got a live one!................................

Love CP. He is making good decisions every day for the betterment of our club. Remember the little ginger ewok that Randy employed. My Lord they were dark days.

I remember him. Absolute nailed on middle management corporate bullshitter.

• Haha 1

I was a little cautious at first when Purslow came in because he's a pretty convincing talker and we'd had our fingers burned with one of those in Tom Fox. Unlike Fox, he seems to be actually walking the walking too and the fact that there's a long term strategy is heartwarming to say the least.

16 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

That’s such a key point on the wage bill needing to be lower than established PL clubs. No wonder we had to look for some cheaper players from abroad.

With this point alone, i think Jack will be gone come next season regardless of our status. How can we pay or compete with clubs offering 200k per week???

Big thing is that we actually seem to be doing stuff to move in a certain direction this time instead of just stating that we have a strategy or plan and then doing f all about it like our previous owners did.

Words are nice and all but actions is what counts

1 minute ago, imavillan said:

With this point alone, i think Jack will be gone come next season regardless of our status. How can we pay or compete with clubs offering 200k per week???

By not having unused subs and squad players sitting on massive contracts.

This has always been the big issue, not that high performing star players are earning big money.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, sne said:

By not having unused subs and squad players sitting on massive contracts.

This has always been the big issue, not that high performing star players are earning big money.

Well absolutely we should try to be well run and avoid that, but it’s still the case that if Brighton (for example) are well run and avoid that then their salaries can be way higher than ours.

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

Well absolutely we should try to be well run and avoid that, but it’s still the case that if Brighton (for example) are well run and avoid that then their salaries can be way higher than ours.

How so?

I Imagine our wage budget is similar to theirs and was so even when were slogging it out in the Championship.

Our potential revenue is surely much higher than theirs.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

How so?

I Imagine our wage budget is similar to theirs and was so even when were slogging it out in the Championship.

Our potential revenue is surely much higher than theirs.

The piece I am quoting is Purslow’s point that under FFP we are *only allowed* to pay a fraction of their wages because it’s our first PL season so for 2 of our 3 assessed seasons we are operating on a Champ budget.

Agreed if all things are equal our revenue will outstrip theirs comfortably but they have a 200m+ headstart with TV revenue from the last two years when we were in the Championship and we are also allowed less in losses under Champ rules.

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

The piece I am quoting is Purslow’s point that under FFP we are *only allowed* to pay a fraction of their wages because it’s our first PL season.

Ah OK. Their owners don't seem to be willing or able to do so thou as every figure I can find has us on similar or higher wage average compared to them.

Â