Christian Purslow

villan-scott

11 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Full vid is here:

Β 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/11784060/aston-villas-summer-spending-not-a-trolley-dash-says-chief-executive-christian-purslow

Β 

β€œAston Villa's summer spending was no "trolley dash" according to chief executive Christian Purslow, who toldΒ Sky Sports Newsthe club had an "obligation to be competitive" in the Premier League.”

By Jove, he is impressive.

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

we are a great club

Β 

we are a great club

Β 

we are a great club

Β 

πŸ˜Άβ˜ΉοΈπŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜πŸ˜¦πŸ˜πŸ™πŸ˜πŸ€–

I did think he went a bit overboard on that to be fair:).Β  And no one loves The Villa more than me.

Edited by sidcow

He seems to be making quite a few media appearances compared our former CEOs.Β 

How often do you see other clubs CEOs doing appearances such as this on sky? Is it the norm?Β 

Β 

Β 

Without being too picky

Β 

Just wondering who the 4 players we had on loan we signed ? Mings hause, el ghazi and ? And all but heaton at 33 mings at 26 everyone else 24 or under ? How old is jota ? I though he was 28 ? Needs to do a bit more research Christian πŸ€”

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Without being too picky

Β 

Just wondering who the 4 players we had on loan we signed ? Mings hause, el ghazi and ? And all but heaton at 33 mings at 26 everyone else 24 or under ? How old is jota ? I though he was 28 ? Needs to do a bit more research Christian πŸ€”

Β 

Jota was 27 when we signed him afaik, he turned 28 during pre season.

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

maybe hes just using the old persons trick of counting their age backwards a bit early?

perhaps he's counting Jota's age in cat years?Β 

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Without being too picky

Β 

Classic sales tactic. Exaggerate the numbers to the point where they appear even more impressive, but not so exaggerated that even if you get caught in the lie it causes a stink. Anyone looking it up afterwards will say he was slightly off and maybe he made a mistake but the general point remains, whereas most people won't bother at all.Β Β 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Without being too picky

Β 

Seriously??? So the fact that he was talking up our club with superlatives, these points have struck an accord with you?!?! Jeez!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

Seriously??? So the fact that he was talking up our club with superlatives, these points have struck an accord with you?!?! Jeez!

What that he was inaccurate after saying how much input and planning he has done ? I'm not allowed to point out basic inaccuracies? Jeez !

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 13/08/2019 at 18:57, brummybloke said:

Without being too picky

Β 

Mate he is a CEO, I shudder to think at the amount of responsibility and areas he has to cover in an just an hour of the day related to the football club.

He gets a pass as his remit is not just limited to the "Footballing side" of the club.

Overall he seems to know what the f*ck he is doing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Γ—
Γ—
Γ‚