Christian Purslow

villan-scott

16 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

our media presence and love in has gone up

The owners are properly switched on to modern media optics. It’s not just quaint uncle tony or weird Randy: it’s a business with a consistent message. 

That this is so refreshing shows how stuffed we were before! 

I’m enjoying the ride so far.

• Like 3

Full vid is here:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/11784060/aston-villas-summer-spending-not-a-trolley-dash-says-chief-executive-christian-purslow

“Aston Villa's summer spending was no "trolley dash" according to chief executive Christian Purslow, who told Sky Sports Newsthe club had an "obligation to be competitive" in the Premier League.”

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I’d argue McGinn is actually the player leading the player side of our positive media imagine. Grealish is the fan favourite, but non-Villa people tend to think he’s a greasy, diving, short-shinpad-wearing pisshead.

Grealish is doing all the sky interviews, soccer am, bbc etc. He’s on the coke advert, he is really being pushed media wise. Yes some idiot fans love to hate him, but he is still in the limelight. 

7 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

The owners are properly switched on to modern media optics. It’s not just quaint uncle tony or weird Randy: it’s a business with a consistent message. 

That this is so refreshing shows how stuffed we were before! 

I’m enjoying the ride so far.

I’d agree it’s great, Our image for a long time has been poor. I’d say that ever since MON left our image has got worse. Lerner was very shy, Xia the opposite but not in building an image kind of way. Everything Purslow says and does appears to have reason and be planned.

I like a lot of us have been taken in before, but Purslow seems the real deal

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

More quotes being posted but I liked this bit -

Interesting that he says £127 million is 1 years worth of TV money.   Because we’ve spent the whole years TV money on transfer fees... then need to add another £50million or so on top for wages!

Not that I’m complaining 😀

Edited by ender4

29 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Purslow is a world class ceo if there ever was such categories in the the world of Ceo’s he has seen it and done it all. We look like a club again. We really need to stay up though. Then next season will be the start of the 30-50 million players coming to Villa .

I'm sure that Purslow and Smith have enough nous that if things aren't going too well come January, more funds will be available.

14 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Grealish is doing all the sky interviews, soccer am, bbc etc. He’s on the coke advert, he is really being pushed media wise. Yes some idiot fans love to hate him, but he is still in the limelight. 

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: there was a time when everybody outside Salford thought David Beckham was an irritatating petulant little shit. He ended up as captain of England, with a media profile that went well beyond the world of sport. I'm not saying that Jack will replicate that, but I think there will be a similar shift in the degree of respect he commands. But I guess that's for the Grealish thread, rather than this one.  

• Like 1

Some amateurish presenting there from Sky I thought. 

Christian came a cross brilliantly (as he does everytime I see him) and swatted away all of the accusations with well thought out, clear and well articulated responses.  It's a pleasure to have him on board. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, colhint said:

What's the chance of Man U putting a £50m bid for him next season?

I think it's worth remembering that he's now the third largest shareholder in the club. It's not a big chunk compared to our "Owner" owners, but he's put some of his own money in and I think that's a great indicator of how he sees the club progressing and his commitment to it.

• Like 2

Whoever did his media training certainly hammered home the point about answering with 'that's a really good question' :D

Anyway, it was pretty good as these  things go. Certainly made clear that the summer spending wasn't done thoughtlessly, but then again I didn't think it had been before either. 

• Like 3

Just adding to the sentiments previously posted but this guy is no amateur. He knows his stuff, is articulate in his arguments, and has clearly bought int Aston Villa. He will go on to do well for himself in whatever he choses on the future, which I hope is a long way off but for now loving the professionalism he brings to the club. First time ever in my opinion.

That interview really is worth a look. He's so good.

The approach we've taken has been spot on, and I'll probably think that even if we finish 20th to be honest.

The only thing that will have gone wrong is the quality of the player we've ended up with. Scouting under the microscope with so many debuts still to come. PL players are out there somewhere for £10-15m but aren't easy to find. Hopefully we've got 12/12 bang on.

If you read between the lines of his comments regards Susu coming in, he's clearly saying he's learnt from his time at Liverpool regards the role of CEO, and we're definitely feeling the benefits of this.

Â