Christian Purslow

villan-scott

58 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Basically that we're absolutely minted, the doc had nothing to do with the club the moment the new owners came in.

Yes he was rather dismissive of Uncle Tony wasn’t he 😂

other than that, nothing of news to us, but fans of other Clubs who bothered to watch have had our transfer strategy and ambitions explained very clearly....so some will have learnt we have very very little in common with Fulham. Or Norwich . 

Just gives grounds to my previous comments that we are VERY lucky to have the owners we do.

Hope we don't do anything to dissuade them that this club is the best one for them, and that they deliver the great expectations that they've set!

Exciting times!

He’s a very engaging character, as someone said before I’ve never seen a CEO talk so openly about their club. I think after the last few years, we as a club are really pushing a positive media outcome on us. With Grealish leading the way player side and Purslow CEO our media presence and love in has gone up

I had sky sports on in the background and wasn't paying much attention but then glanced at the TV and noticed a rather dashing claret and blue tie and thought this guy knows his stuff...

Then the penny dropped and I caught a fair bit of the interview and even my other half was engrossed with what he had to say and how he eloquently speaks..

Loved the bit about 'wanting to compete' and not making up the numbers and calling out what a "great club," we are.. I know it's just words at the end of the day, but I can really warm to the guy and he really does come across that he knows what he's doing and is proud to be working for us...

What a complete turnaround from last year, and hopefully it's just the start of this 'great club' returning back to the very top.. where it belongs! 

Purslow is a world class ceo if there ever was such categories in the the world of Ceo’s he has seen it and done it all. We look like a club again. We really need to stay up though. Then next season will be the start of the 30-50 million players coming to Villa .

16 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

He’s a very engaging character, as someone said before I’ve never seen a CEO talk so openly about their club. I think after the last few years, we as a club are really pushing a positive media outcome on us. With Grealish leading the way player side and Purslow CEO our media presence and love in has gone up

I’d argue McGinn is actually the player leading the player side of our positive media imagine. Grealish is the fan favourite, but non-Villa people tend to think he’s a greasy, diving, short-shinpad-wearing pisshead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â