Christian Purslow

villan-scott

9 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Even if Purslow is a complete disaster, he will go down as a legend in my book for his immortal words 'We are Aston Villa . We do parades when we win cups and leagues - not for finishing 3rd place in the championship'. The only thing missing off the end of that sentence was 'that's the type of thing Small Heath would do.'

And we finished 5th, so even less reason for a parade! (I cant imagine any fans actually wanted this, did they?!)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

And we finished 5th, so even less reason for a parade! (I cant imagine any fans actually wanted this, did they?!)

Think it was more media than fans

13 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Could be totally wrong but was he involved with the Barry saga? They messed up big time there by being indecisive 

No the Barry to Liverpool thing went tits up because after whispering sweet nothings in Barrys ear the FSW told Barry he was going to play left back for them.  Barry wanted to play midfield and was unimpressed with them changing what they told him before.  Man City stepped in and gave him the playing position he wanted.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Great Q and A with Purslow from Minnesota today. Some interesting snippets in there. 

He interviewed DS at 10:30pm until 4:00am! 

He fills me with confidence every time he speaks. He’s the real deal. 

The more I hear of him the more I like him. He has taken the club to heart, speaks clearly, frankly and imo for the first time in years we have a CEO that isn't a cnut. 

• Like 2

The bit below is scary...How anyone can forgive Xia, Wyness, Round and even Bruce for putting us in this situation is beyond me.

Last July, our Football Club could not make a £4,100,000 bill to HMRC, we were bankrupt. If these two didn’t put £60,000,000 in very quickly, we would have been liquidated. We’d have been Glasgow Rangers, we’d be starting again.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
Maybe a bit harsh to blame Bruce.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

That Birmingham City comment wont go down well 😂;)😂;)😂;)😂;)😂;)😂;)😂;)😂;)😂

I laughed hard at that. When your CEO is taking the piss out your local NON rivals you know he's a good un. 

Edited by avfc1982am
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The bit below is scary...How anyone can forgive Xia, Wyness, Round and even Bruce for putting us in this situation is beyond me.

Last July, our Football Club could not make a £4,100,000 bill to HMRC, we were bankrupt. If these two didn’t put £60,000,000 in very quickly, we would have been liquidated. We’d have been Glasgow Rangers, we’d be starting again.

And people on here were going out of their way to defend xia while it was happening. 

Incredible. 

We hit the jackpot when bruce failed in that playoff final. 

• Like 2

On 31/05/2019 at 07:47, Don_Simon said:

Yes and city were going off and trying to make it out like we were going off as if we had won the title, bunch of prats. 

Purslow was right to play a parade down, we got what we wanted which was promotion and was enough to do the sha's heads in.

Â