Christian Purslow

villan-scott

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

Think we will see how the opening weeks go - maybe make some moves towards the end of the window.

Professional interview - although I felt he was furious inside 

He's probably as pissed off with him as we are. But £100m heals a lot of wounds, just a shame it wasn't more. We are in good hands

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

You calling him a snake too? Lol

Nah not quite that strong and I haven't called Jack a snake if that's what you mean!

I just find it hard to fully buy into anything he says. I work in business and have dealings with our Executive and Christian has that same, slightly laboured, calculated way of speaking where he really wants you to trust what he's saying, but doesn't fully look like he believes it himself.

6 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Only issue with Purslow's statement... he knows Grealish isn't Voltron, right?  You can't just mash 3 players together like they were robot lions.

Watch or read 'Moneyball'. Actually watch it, cos I also read the book and it was rubbish. 

'Recreated in the aggregate.'

4 minutes ago, est1874 said:

A (neutral) friend of mine who follows Villa dealings with a keen interest for the chats etc has always felt Christian is a bit too polished to be fully trusted or liked.

I'm starting to see what he means.

We tried letting the chuckle brothers run the club and it was fun with loads of emojis, but we almost went bust. I prefer unlikeable nasty bastards now.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

The elephant in the room was the missing 

"We wish Jack all the best in the future"

Yeah because he doesn’t, he’s furious as a lot of us are.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Was anyone else half hoping he’d wheel out a random signing?

Was expecting the big Messi announcement to be honest.

Maybe there will be another live broadcast later!

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

Smart move....we've already spent the money...means we won't get held hostage over incoming

Yeah I thought that was really smart doing that.

The only thing that ever so slightly worries me is that he implies that Buendia, Bailey and Ings have been brought in to replace Grealish's output and, whilst it's wise to reduce the reliance on one player, that would indicate we don't improve - we stand still.

I'm hoping £100m is used on top of a healthy budget, not that it is the budget.

Buendia £35m Bailey £30m and Ings £25m would mean we still have £10m of the fee left PLUS continued investment in trying to push us towards Europe. So another two top quality players are needed to progress in my opinion. Another midfielder and a defender.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Anyone else feel like we've closed the cheque book by saying we've replaced him and ready for the new season? 

Nope. Purslow is just being cagey. He said they replaced Jack with 3 players, but when we signed Buendia, there was no inkling (that we know) that Jack was leaving. He was purchased as Barkley's replacement IMO and to play with Jack 

I still think we'll buy 2 or 3 more (CM, LW and CB). Possibly a backup GK. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

He's the CEO, what's he supposed to be if not polished. Would you prefer Bermuda shorts and iPhone video and a bottle of Bud

Contrary to whatever nonsense you might believe, a CEO is not paid to be polished (which in this context is to do with communication), he or she is paid to be good at their job and drive efficiencies in the business, managing a team of executives who each have oversight over different areas of the business.

It's not actually the CEO's job to communicate with the customers, who in footballing terms are the fans, which is why I find it jarring. And because he's got a business demeanor in his dealings with us, rather than the traditional face of a company who would generally have a more informal and less rehearsed style, it grates on me a bit.

That's all. No need for Bermuda shorts and a bottle of Bud. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I think its very clever to get it out there what happened by Purslow, being honest and open with the fans, also it puts all the decisions back on Grealish and effectively exonerates the club from any accusations of us trying to offload him etc, i think the club and management can hold its head high.

Also puts to bed the Sky and co narrative that Villa are happy with this and they wish him well.  Villa are just as pissed off as we are…

Just now, est1874 said:

Contrary to whatever nonsense you might believe, a CEO is not paid to be polished (which in this context is to do with communication), he or she is paid to be good at their job and drive efficiencies in the business, managing a team of executives who each have oversight over different areas of the business.

It's not actually the CEO's job to communicate with the customers, who in footballing terms are the fans, which is why I find it jarring. And because he's got a business demeanor in his dealings with us, rather than the traditional face of a company who would generally have a more informal and less rehearsed style, it grates on me a bit.

That's all. No need for Bermuda shorts and a bottle of Bud. Thanks.

I think you have taken me a little too seriously

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

The only thing that ever so slightly worries me is that he implies that Buendia, Bailey and Ings have been brought in to replace Grealish's output and, whilst it's wise to reduce the reliance on one player, that would indicate we don't improve - we stand still.

I'm hoping £100m is used on top of a healthy budget, not that it is the budget.

Buendia £35m Bailey £30m and Ings £25m would mean we still have £10m of the fee left PLUS continued investment in trying to push us towards Europe. So another two top quality players are needed to progress in my opinion. Another midfielder and a defender.

Just posted the same thing mate, replace grealish with even someone or 3 just as good together and we still haven’t improved, just stayed still 🤷🏻‍♂️

Â