Christian Purslow

villan-scott

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

And yet we sacked bruce. 

The right decision. Turned ugly with the fans, there were no repairing that.

I'm just so tired of mediocre British manager appointments. I am so envious on Leeds landing Bielsa.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

I'm just so tired of mediocre British manager appointments. I am so envious on Leeds getting Bielsa.

A mediocre Argentinian manager who is all hype no end product

His trophy cabinet is embarrassing for his hype

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

A mediocre Argentinian manager who is all hype no end product

His trophy cabinet is embarrassing for his hype

You have labeled him as a bottler yet he is currently winning the Championship. 8 point gap to 3rd place now.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

You have labeled him as a bottler yet he is currently winning the Championship. 8 point gap to 3rd place now.

Yes. He has managed for 30 years amd has bottled many times. If he doesn't bottle it this season then it will be a rare example of keeping his bottle 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Yes. He has managed for 30 years amd has bottled many times. If he doesn't bottle it this season then it will be a rare example of keeping his bottle 

So in your opinion if a manager isn't winning trophies they are shit?

What does that make Dean Smith then?

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

So in your opinion if a manager isn't winning trophies they are shit?

What does that make Dean Smith then?

If a manager had a worldwide reputation as a genius then he should have big trophies in his cabinet 

As for Dean Smith 2019 Playoff winner a tournament Bielsa also bottled 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eastie said:

Very interesting read and shows the disdain for purslow elsewhere - 

Tyrrell operated behind the scenes but Purslow craved attention. The players nicknamed him ‘Forrest Gump’ because of his tendency to insert himself at the centre of every situation. The managing director had a more grandiose view when he looked in the mirror: he referred to himself as ‘the Fernando Torres of finance.’ He liked to be around the star players, making a beeline for the striker and Steven Gerrard whenever he entered the dressing room. It became a running joke within the squad.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/aston-villa-vs-liverpool-why-christian-purslow-paul-tyrrell-villains-anfield-a9180396.html

The author does seem very annoyed by his personal snubbing by Liverpool's previous ownership though. Makes it hard to see whether or not Purlow did a bad job or not. Tony Evans comes across like a very bitter small man.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I'm just so tired of mediocre British manager appointments. I am so envious on Leeds landing Bielsa.

Agreed. No more British tat please.

12 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

IIRC, Jack was out injured for quite some time. Around this same time Smith was coming under the same pressure as he is now.

Jack came back and we went on a sensational run of form which propelled us up the league and saved Smith's arse on that occasion.

It's all on Smith because he is the one who is in charge of the players and their performances and the results that come with that. 

With all the talking Smith has done of "his team setup mirror him" and "killing teams off before half time" etc. is all well and good, but this season the only team looking to be killed off by half time has been us. The reflection of that hasn't been pleasant viewing.

So, why didn't Grealish bring us up the year before? Why are we not outside the relegation zone because of Grealish. Whatever you say, you and many others, are crediting the players for when we do well but blaming the manager when it all goes wrong. It doesn't work like that.  

43 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

So, why didn't Grealish bring us up the year before? Why are we not outside the relegation zone because of Grealish. Whatever you say, you and many others, are crediting the players for when we do well but blaming the manager when it all goes wrong. It doesn't work like that.  

That's the way you have made it appear and insinuate. Anyway, The year before last he almost did! - We got beat in the final though and under a different manager!

We're not outside the relegation zone through both Jack and the current manager not pulling their weight this season and not being setup effectively.

It's also a different league with a different team of players to that of the 2019 season.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

27 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

That's the way you have made it appear and insinuate. Anyway, The year before last he almost did, We got beat in the final though and under a different manager.

We're not outside the relegation zone through both Jack and the current manager not pulling their weight this season.

It's also a different league with a different team of players to that of the 2019 season.

I haven't done anything to insinuate that. It's on this site in black and white. 

"We got promoted because of jack and Tammy."

A high percentage want the manager gone now.

I don't have to make anything appear when it's there waiting for you.

Edited by Mjvilla
To clarify for avfcrigo

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

If he finishes mid table in the Premier League next season i'm sure you would say he bottled it since he didn't manage to win the league.

Ifs and buts are easy. You can't respond to @Zatman s facts with its and buts. Pathetic again

21 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I haven't done anything to insinuate that. It's on this site in black and white. 

We got promoted because of jack and Tammy.

So you also agree it was Jack that got us promoted and saved Smith? 

Â