Christian Purslow

villan-scott

5 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Well I remember that one. MON was asked about it and said he’d noted him in his little black book while working for the beeb at the World Cup in Germany, and when he was informed he was available for £1m he thought it worth a go.

Sophisticated or what ?

I think that was the same World Cup he said Zlatan was one of the most over rated players around. 

Great judge of talent was our MON, 

• Like 1

On 20/09/2018 at 05:31, SirSteveUK said:

I wanted to get some other opinion on Purslow - so I searched for him on the Red &White Kop forum.....

Dear God Almighty.......what a forum ?

They started a thread about us after we beat them at Wembley - in anticipation of our relegation....

It’s STILL going - 23 pages and just shy of 1000 posts.

Purslow ? They don’t like him ! Or at least the more rabid ones don’t.

We have a thread about laughing at Newcastle... 

Besides Liverpool fans always have a sense of entitlement.

Seems Chelsea fans like purslow. Let’s just see what happens 

56 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

We have a thread about laughing at Newcastle... 

Besides Liverpool fans always have a sense of entitlement.

Seems Chelsea fans like purslow. Let’s just see what happens 

Probably just a rake of Brummie/ Midland Liverpool fans who (deservedly) took stick at school. 

Most Scouse fans I know seem to actually like Villa, for some weird reason. 

Edited by HolteExile

On 19/09/2018 at 19:49, PieFacE said:

So we eventually sack Bruce, get in a younger manager with fresh ideas who wants younger players from the continent, then we have to sack & hire a load of more people to help the new managers vision, and around in circles we go.

And we all end happily ever after.

1 hour ago, HolteExile said:

Probably just a rake of Brummie/ Midland Liverpool fans who (deservedly) took stick at school. 

Most Scouse fans I know seem to actually like Villa, for some weird reason. 

Well none of them post in the RAWK thread - venom dripping in every post - unlike our Newcastle thread tbf

Think its all the Stevie G fanboys, cos we spoiled his plan to lift the cup on his birthday 

I'd imagine at the moment he is going to be the major player on when the trigger is pulled on Bruce and in finding his replacement as he is the man running the club day to day. 

Big early test for him and I doubt given how long he has been at the club he has had the time for planning for the eventuality of having to sack the manager so soon so it is perhaps unlikely many thoughts have been given towards his replacement. I hope that doesn't mean getting rid of Bruce is delayed as I can it getting nasty at games and that is the last thing this club needs again.

On 23/09/2018 at 11:01, markavfc40 said:

I'd imagine at the moment he is going to be the major player on when the trigger is pulled on Bruce and in finding his replacement as he is the man running the club day to day. 

Big early test for him and I doubt given how long he has been at the club he has had the time for planning for the eventuality of having to sack the manager so soon so it is perhaps unlikely many thoughts have been given towards his replacement. I hope that doesn't mean getting rid of Bruce is delayed as I can it getting nasty at games and that is the last thing this club needs again.

I reckon that Purslow is probably furious at Bruce at the moment. When Purslow joined the club he probably thought that at least Steve Bruce was a safe pair of hands to act as a decent stop gap until the structure was installed behind the scenes, especially since he was given some new signings to keep the team competitive. Now he is 1 or 2 games away from a total fan revolt and being forced to sack (and pay off) Bruce much sooner than expected, and he will then have to try to recruit a replacement without the help of a DoF or technical director in place. A nightmare scenario for a new CEO...I bet it's tense on the Monday morning management call. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

I reckon that Purslow is probably furious at Bruce at the moment. When Purslow joined the club he probably thought that at least Steve Bruce was a safe pair of hands to act as a decent stop gap until the structure was installed behind the scenes, especially since he was given some new signings to keep the team competitive. Now he is 1 or 2 games away from a total fan revolt and being forced to sack (and pay off) Bruce much sooner than expected, and he will then have to try to recruit a replacement without the help of a DoF or technical director in place. A nightmare scenario for a new CEO...I bet it's tense on the Monday morning management call. 

I see your point.Fans (including myself) are worried about results and performances.Depending on the personality of the fan that anxiety will manifest into a physical reaction at VP when things go wrong in the pitch.

We could help of course.By just keeping our doubts and anger inside....and then go to the pub and have a winge in a safe environment that doesn’t affect the team.

Of course no one can or should be expected to do this.Football is an emotional game and ALL fans react badly to situations like this.

Which is why Bruce will go....unless he turns it around starting Friday.

On 20/09/2018 at 21:00, terrytini said:

Well I remember that one. MON was asked about it and said he’d noted him in his little black book while working for the beeb at the World Cup in Germany, and when he was informed he was available for £1m he thought it worth a go.

Sophisticated or what ?

That was the golden age that was. If someone had a decent 2 games you could be sure they would be signed up by someone.

I want Bruce out as much, if not more, than the next fan and hate seeing us waste games by having him in charge...however, I do think it would be unwise to sack him until the SD is in place. The new manager will be working closely with the SD so it makes logical sense for the SD to have a big say on Bruce's replacement.

Â