Pre-match thread

Robtaylor200

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Whelan over Barney because Whelan is good DM and Barney isn't. This exactly team I would pick 

You been attending Bruce’s coaching sessions Kiwivillan?

1 minute ago, KAZZAM said:

Kodija     Tammy     El-Ghazi

Hourihane   Whelan   Mcginn

Hutton Chester Tuanzebe Elmo

Nyland 

Jack to be rested or brought on if needed.

Abraham is not playing... and why would we rest Jack in a game before a two week break?!

• Like 1

We last lost a league game at Sheffield United in 1991. We have since won three and drawn one up there. We are currently level on points and a win will bring us just two points behind early pace setters Leeds and Boro.  We also need a win to compensate for our last two home draws. This will be a tough one and I would probably take a point but three would be even better. Make it so Villa.   

• Like 1

Steve Bruce said in a post-match interview that he thought only two of the players against Burton did ok... one was James Bree, at centre-back, but now I can't remember the other one. Can anyone remind me please?

Lets hope Bruce can keep the football flowing, like we've done our last two league matches. We might have drawn both of them, but the football has been quite entertaining. Just need to keep going and hope Kodjia gets his head out of his ****. 

Apparently I'm cooking for some veggie women tonight, so I have to go out and buy vegetables and whatever you cook food with. Apparantly I need a rolling pin, where ever that's found. Should be interesting. Ok, blog over. 

UTV. 

36 minutes ago, robby b said:

Steve Bruce said in a post-match interview that he thought only two of the players against Burton did ok... one was James Bree, at centre-back, but now I can't remember the other one. Can anyone remind me please?

It was Axel.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-steve-bruce-embarrassing-15084017

“I thought Axel and Bree, were arguably our best players. That is the way I saw it.''

It will be interesting to see todays team and formation. I have a feeling Bolasie will be on the bench today.

• Thanks 1

Found it, Bruce said that Bree and Tuanzebe were the two players who did ok against Burton. Good to hear that two of our worrying defence did ok! I'm a bit surprised and disappointed that El Ghazi didn't after his great game last Saturday and that De Laet didn't after his good pre-season performances. Anyway come on Villa! Just one hour and 51 minutes to go now. :s

The sooner we have Abraham and Bolasie ready to feature the better because that squad looks terribly light up front, especially if Adomah is going to be phased out now after the apparent falling out.

Have come to expect the back line to look like that so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ to complaining about it anymore.

Edited by Indigo