Pre-match thread

Robtaylor200

17 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

If we can just convert the chances created in the last game 

This has to bring my 4:1 bet in 

If it is 4-1, I suspect it won't be to us. These lot are a good side on great form, whilst we are struggling against poor sides.

We desperately need a defence before I will have any confidence in winning games like this one, and we need Bolasie up to speed very soon. Until that happens, I fear the worst.

I smell a defeat here. Their current form is enough to make the sphincter of our defence tighten in a morbid attempt not to lose.

Given the nature of our sporadic performances, we're due a league defeat.

Edited by Raver50032

Think this could a long 90 mins, United seem to be hitting some form. Hopefully Jack will be fit again. I didn’t really buy Bruce’s line that McGinn and Kodjia were injured too but maybe just a knock. Expect to see them back in the starting 11. Doubt Bolasie will be ready for this given lack of pre season.

Having said that, I still want to go (extra rivalry with friends from home) but I couldn’t get a ticket. Please let me know if anyone has a spare!

Hand on heart, I am expecting SB to pack the defence and hope for a break away goal

Then when we go 2 nil down, he will play attack and it will be too late as they pack their defence and close the game down

BUT we still haven't lost in the league Yet, so still a glimmer of hope 

Nyland

Elmo     Chester  Tuanzebe     Hutton

Whelan

El Ghazi  Grealish  Hourihane  Adomah

Kodjia

Round pegs in round holes.

I am assuming that McGinn is out, but Grealish is back.

Whelan could be changed for Bjarnasson or Jedinak. I haven't seen enough of Sheffield United this season to know which would be the better option against their starting eleven.

1-1 and i’ll go with Anwar to open his account with us.

We’ll start alright and get one early on, then they’ll pile on the pressure and get an equaliser mid way through the second half. We’ll just about hold on.

The result will fuel the purgatory nature of the Bruce thread where some will feel that we didn’t do enough when we had the upper hand and is a further example of his limitations, while others will point to us remaining unbeaten and he simply won’t be sacked while that remains the case. 

And that should keep us going for the fortnight between this and the next game.

• Like 1

Be interesting to see who plays in this. We have the personnel to take on anyone in the league again.

I don't know much about our opponent so hard to predict anything. Hopefully we make fewer mistakes than we have been.

Not been a single performance this season where we've been comfortable, it'd be nice to get a few early goals and enjoy a confidence booster.

You never know.

UTV!

1-1

We will labour and struggle, create little changes and will have some Kodj or McGinn magic to thank for our point.

Bruce will come out after the game and once again state that we moved the ball too slow, he didn't tell them to play that way, he wanted us to move the ball quicker, and sharper and that we still have a way to go and we're playing catch up at the minute.

He will then bust out a rendition of Shaggy's classic 'it wasn't me'