• Lansbury
    • Adomah
    • El Ghazi
    • Hepburn-Murphy
    • Elmohamady (Elphick 69)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/09/18 at 14:00

I completely forgot about the game tonight which is the first time in years... but then it looks like most of the Villa management and players did too!

Always going to lose this, it's not even a shock. Away, playing a localish team, putting in players who are largely rubbish and being organised by a manager who doesn't have a clue how to set up a team. We're not exactly firing all cylinders with our first team at the moment!!

Boringly predictable. Comfortable draw on Saturday though so Bruce will be delighted...

Terrible display, Terrible result...

Anyways, sod you lot and your hysteria! - I'm off to the Steve Bruce thread to be cured and realise why he is the man to take us forward.

Do not let this performance fool you folks, we are going to be there or thereabouts!

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, jim said:

Not Bruce’s fault Albert missed a penalty.

We don’t need the distraction of the cup, we can concentrate on the league now.

You do realise that we still hadnt even beaten lowly Burton, even if Adomah had scored.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

You're probably lightyears ahead of me, but I'll still answer: Albert is sort of at fault.

Yes, he missed the penalty, BUT he is clearly in poor form and devoid of confidence.  Giving him the responsibility of taking a penalty was aTERRIBLE decision, and one a expect fewfans would have made.  SB should not have selected himas penalty taker.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, flashingqwerty said:

Yes, he missed the penalty, BUT he is clearly in poor form and devoid of confidence.  Giving him the responsibility of taking a penalty was aTERRIBLE decision, and one a expect fewfans would have made.  SB should not have selected himas penalty taker.

I agree, and said so in the match thread.

• Like 1

We rested first team players tonight as most of us felt we should do beforehand. Few if any of those players selected, like the team that we started with in the previous round did anything to press for a starting spot did they? They should refund what it cost the fans to attend this none performance from their own pockets. 

2 hours ago, jim said:

Not Bruce’s fault Albert missed a penalty.

We don’t need the distraction of the cup, we can concentrate on the league now.

That's just a ridiculous thing to say , with the squad we have we should be perfectly capable of mounting some sort of challenge in both the league and cup , it's just a cop out saying the cup is a distraction all the time.

• Like 1

I've been at work and didn't see the game, but the team we put out, at least on paper, had more than enough quality to see off Burton. It's disappointing to see such a defensive bench 24 hours after Callum O'Hare played 90 minutes for the reserves. It's more than disappointing that we produced two shots on target throughout the whole game - it's unacceptable. 

We've become used to being slightly ashamed of performances over the last five years, maybe a little too used to it, we've also become used to making allowance for the league cup - or to give it it's full title "just the league cup" - personally I'm not over either of those things - losing to a club whose ground is smaller than the lower Holte End should always, always, always result in a manager having his position questioned - losing to a lower league club whilst playing what sounds like the most unimaginative, dour football possible should mean those questions mark linger.

I've heard this described by a thirty year season ticket holder who goes to just about every away game as the worst he's ever seen. It's another bad night for the club, a bad night for some of these players and a bad night for the manager. The club will recover - the manager needs to be very careful.

• Like 3

Â