Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

37 minutes ago, Flynnchin84 said:

Seen on Twitter hes not turned up to training but could be a load of bull... anyone know otherwise?

Smith said on Saturday he was expecting TA in for training today.  - Then again he said he was at the game v Swansea - and he has been seen elsewhere

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Will we still have to wait until January 14th for Chelsea's descision?...

I suppose it could be drawn out until then, but by the sounds of it, I’d be surprised if something isn’t announced in the next couple of days. It’s to no one’s benefit to delay this if it’s going to happen.

32 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I suppose it could be drawn out until then, but by the sounds of it, I’d be surprised if something isn’t announced in the next couple of days. It’s to no one’s benefit to delay this if it’s going to happen.

True.

There is just so many conflicting stories and reports over this and it becomes consuming and tedious.

TBF, the club and DS have updated us as much as they can. 

Twitter and sky (aka twitter) say he wasn’t at training but a few people were there today and seen him, apparently. One even got a photo of him and his daughter. Again, could be a different day. 

He is off if you ask me. The more I think of it, the more I see this as a massive risk for him. If he goes there and flops, could be looking at another season in the championship. If he stays and hits over 25 goals for us, with or without us he will get a full season in the PL next season. 

Either way, lessons learned (I hope). 

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

I agree. People forget that Kodjia looked very good up top this season before Abraham came into the side. Brentford couldn't handle him. If we are looking to play the way Smith likes to play then Kodjia is much better at holding it up than Abraham. The issue is the pressing. Abraham does that much better. 

Spot on.

Abraham has and will always score more goals than Kodjia but Kodjia is a very good player still at this level. His hold up play is much superior and is arguably as good in the air and much more skillful.
If Abraham leaves, we must go all out on a replacement, we need to focus on the defence as a priority. 

Edited by Delphinho123

18 minutes ago, deeps said:

Twitter and sky (aka twitter) say he wasn’t at training but a few people were there today and seen him, apparently. One even got a photo of him and his daughter. Again, could be a different day. 

He is off if you ask me. The more I think of it, the more I see this as a massive risk for him. If he goes there and flops, could be looking at another season in the championship. If he stays and hits over 25 goals for us, with or without us he will get a full season in the PL next season. 

Either way, lessons learned (I hope). 

Its a huge risk. Bamford had few good Championship seasons but dont think ever scored in Premier League at 3 or 4 clubs on loan. He has stuggled to recover since then

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Good luck to him I say. He would be stupid to not test himself at a higher level.

My issue is he would still get Premier League football when the season ends, probably even a better club, especially if he carries on banging in the goals, could have been 25+.

I'm trying to take off my claret and blue specs and put myself in his boots, but I still think I'd see out the season at Villa if I was him, then assess the situation in June.

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 1

Just now, Paddywhack said:

I'm trying to take off my claret and blue specs and put myself in his boots, but I still think I'd stay at stay at Villa until the end of the season if I was him, then assess the situation in June.

Maybe he would have.  Then he watched Saturday's game an quickly changed his mind.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Maybe he would have.  Then he watched Saturday's game an quickly changed his mind.

Yep.  Maybe if we were top 3 he might stay but at present we don't look like going up so he probably thinking no point sticking around.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

True.

There is just so many conflicting stories and reports over this and it becomes consuming and tedious.

TBF, the club and DS have updated us as much as they can. 

TBF theres not much conflicting information...its just all bad!

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep.  Maybe if we were top 3 he might stay but at present we don't look like going up so he probably thinking no point sticking around.

Maybe, I dunno. If he's returning to Chelsea in May anyway, is he that bothered about our position in the league?

Surely his main focus with us is his own development and with 16 goals by January...hmm, maybe he thinks he's completed this league now. You know in Fifa when it get's too easy so you have to turn up the difficulty? Maybe it's like that.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

If its true he hasn't turned up to training then... Wow, what a top bastard. Rather not have him.

The more I think about it the less it bothers me.  It was a loan with a chance of being recalled in January.  If that happens its not exactly unexpected for the club. 

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

If its true he hasn't turned up to training then... Wow, what a top bastard. Rather not have him.

We don’t know what’s happened mate, he could have spoken to Smith straight after the game on Saturday, could have phoned him on Sunday...I’d be surprised if it was just this morning on the training ground....“Oh, where’s Tammy?”.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

If it's true I think it's because he's been recalled and is arranging his moolah with Wolves, not that he's gone awol.

• Like 1

Â