Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

29 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I dunno, plenty of desperate Prem clubs at the bottom who need a goalscorer. Tammys stats are there for all to see. Wouldnt at all be surprised if a Palace or someone test the waters

Can you see him leaving us mid season to leave to go a team who could very well be battling relegation again though ? I mean it didn't work out at Swansea for him and the benefit there was that he still had Chelsea to go back too... wouldn't it be better for him to stick with us and see where hes at come the end of season ? As much as I think he'll suit Palace more than Benteke... he's a fine example of leaving us to go for 'better' things which hasn't worked out too.

We can't afford lose him, Tammy Abraham hope we perusde them to staying with toward to end of the season, yet if we lose power to stop him.. 

Hope Davis back to fitness so might throw him to see if he did well as bruce era he see few ball yet he is play forepoint to feed chance , now Smith era so he is got better chance to prove he can play good level and good football, fit Smith's system, it could be help ease our corcern as save our hassle to search simple type of Tammy.

If Palace come for him, so we should ask Palace for Benteke as loan outgoing to Villa until End of the Season, might tempt them to drop price to 8-10 millions in end of loan. (Off the topic Palace was in track buy V.Mose)

If Newcastle come for him, we might screw up! 

If Chelsea come for him so we should ask them first team 3rd choice striker whose chelsea decide.

Edited by Danny_Villaman84

I'm not getting hung up on whether TA stays or leaves. 

I think his impact is massively overrated. He has missed almost as many as he has scored. He is a good player not a great one. If he leaves I'd be more than happy that Hogan / Jimmy could step up and score a lot of goals. 

This teams key is the wings and Grealish, they will great bag full of goals for whoever is up top

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

I think his impact is massively overrated. He has missed almost as many as he has scored. He is a good player not a great one. If he leaves I'd be more than happy that Hogan / Jimmy could step up and score a lot of goals. 

This teams key is the wings and Grealish, they will great bag full of goals for whoever is up top

Agree with the last bit but I think Tammys movement is much better than Hogan and Kodija, I think we'd score goals but nowhere near as much as with Tammy up front. Kodija can create something out of nothing (for himself usually) and Hogan likes to get in behind the defence. But Tammy for me is much more of an all-rounder (despite him being raw at such a young age). 

18 hours ago, ramshackler said:

I agree and apparently the club are relaxed about the situation. That means they’re pretty sure he’s staying and/or they have a good back up plan. 

Like you say he’s a good player and perhaps may with time become a great player. I’d hope he and Chelsea can see he’s in a good place to develop. 

On 17/12/2018 at 17:56, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I dunno, plenty of desperate Prem clubs at the bottom who need a goalscorer. Tammys stats are there for all to see. Wouldnt at all be surprised if a Palace or someone test the waters

If a PL club are considering paying the £20/30m Chelsea would want, I'd imagine that the only stats they would be concerned with would be those at PL level. 

Those were poor. 

27 minutes ago, hippo said:

If a PL club come in I imagine he will jump at the chance - however a club agreeing a fee with Chelsea might not be the racing certainty that some think, given he hasn't done at PL level. 

Like Cardiff last summer? 

20 hours ago, ramshackler said:

Hogan? He's garbage, mate. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, ramshackler said:

That’s so not true I don’t know where to begin. Not all of our forwards have the same scoring instinct as Tammy, methinks. 😀

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

That’s so not true I don’t know where to begin. Not all of our forwards have the same scoring instinct as Tammy, methinks. 😀

I think this is true, it is a unique talent that Tammy has, he could potentially be brilliant in the coming years

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

In my opinion, Hogan is far from rubbish, a natural goalscorer who could flourish under Dean Smith like he did at Brentford 

From what I have seen of him, he's far from a 'natural goalscorer'. He can barely control the football at times. A terrible signing. 

(Would love to be proven wrong).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

From what I have seen of him, he's far from a 'natural goalscorer'. He can barely control the football at times. A terrible signing. 

(Would love to be proven wrong).

I wouldn’t write him off just yet, he seems to be in Smith’s mind seeing as he has come off the bench in the past few matches. I think he can still make it here

• Like 1

Our depth in the striking department is ridiculous.

We have Abraham, Kodjia, Hogan, McCormack and Davis. All of which have spent at least one season as a prolific goalscorer in this division, except Davis.

Abraham is only 21 and is on course to score over 20 goals again in his 2nd season in this division. He has done it with two different clubs, an indicator of the strength of his game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I wouldn’t write him off just yet, he seems to be in Smith’s mind seeing as he has come off the bench in the past few matches. I think he can still make it here

He wasn't even that bad under Bruce, when he actually got the ball at his feet. We played it direct and long so often under Bruce and aerial duels is not exactly Hogan's forte.

• Like 2

Just now, A'Villan said:

He wasn't even that bad under Bruce, when he actually got the ball at his feet. We played it direct and long so often under Bruce and aerial duels is not exactly Hogan's forte.

Agreed, I think Hogan would excel under Smith like he did at Brentford, that’s why he’s worth keeping around. We paid a lot of money for Hogan and for whatever reason, it hasn’t really worked out. Smith plays fluid, attacking football which is why I think it would suit Hogan.

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Agreed, I think Hogan would excel under Smith like he did at Brentford, that’s why he’s worth keeping around. We paid a lot of money for Hogan and for whatever reason, it hasn’t really worked out. Smith plays fluid, attacking football which is why I think it would suit Hogan.

There are a few reasons. Here's two.

He is the kind of striker least suited to the signature approach of Bruce.

There are better players ahead of him.

• Like 3

Â