Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

25 minutes ago, Spoony said:

We cannot buy this man if we go up. Misses too many chances, proven to be useless in the PL and absolutely not worth the upwards of £20m he’d cost. 

And at 21 he's already past it too.

(in reality: WTF.......he's 21, his overall game is top-quality, he has 11 in 14 as a 21 year-old. He will only get better. Sure, we'd need another top striker too, but I'm not sure the negativity is warranted.)

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 1

Poor night for him, but at 21 years old he will have them. Still a fantastic player and I'm sure he will be back on form Saturday.

Personally would have given Kodjia or Hogan 25 minutes last night when it became evident it wasn't Abraham's night. We are creating so many chances for the striker at the moment, I wonder if Kodjia or Hogan would thrive playing up front in this team.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Poor night for him, but at 21 years old he will have them. Still a fantastic player and I'm sure he will be back on form Saturday.

Personally would have given Kodjia or Hogan 25 minutes last night when it became evident it wasn't Abraham's night. We are creating so many chances for the striker at the moment, I wonder if Kodjia or Hogan would thrive playing up front in this team.

He stayed on because he works so hard I think. Won the ball chasing back a couple of times after that one really bad miss.

I'm inclined to agree with you, but I think Deano could see he was still having a positive effect overall.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He stayed on because he works so hard I think. Won the ball chasing back a couple of times after that one really bad miss.

I'm inclined to agree with you, but I think Deano could see he was still having a positive effect overall.

Yeh I agree, physically he is our most imposing striker and isn't afraid to put a shift in to chase balls down.

It's actually surprising at how competent he is bearing in mind he's only just turned 21.

So the poor season he had in the PL people talk about was when he was 19-20.

It's funny but I've seen our home grown players get so much support against all the evidence I've seen when they are that young and older, but because he's come from Chelsea people are very quick to criticise.

He's not even close to the finished article yet, not by a long shot. He's only going to improve with age and experience. 

Well reports is now Tammy maybe staying, that Chelsea maybe seeing it as he's not ready for the premiere after fluffing those chances against Albion.

I love Tammy to bits, but against Albion it showed that even with his talent, you can have bad games, cure or no curse he must move on and sure he will.

Hopefully then while we lost two point to a cheating hit who said at one point he didnt know what happened then later admitted it, that we do end up with Tammy longer, Tammys inability to score may well be what keeps him with us longer.

So a bad day for us with a cursed Tammy, a goal that should of been disallowed, two points dropped could still prove to be useful down the line in January.

Edited by Dave-R

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Well reports is now Tammy maybe staying, that Chelsea maybe seeing it as he's not ready for the premiere after fluffing those chances against Albion.

I love Tammy to bits, but against Albion it showed that even with his talent, you can have bad games, cure or no curse he must move on and sure he will.

Hopefully then while we lost two point to a cheating hit who said at one point he didnt know what happened then later admitted it, that we do end up with Tammy longer, Tammys inability to score may well be what keeps him with us longer.

So a bad day for us with a cursed Tammy, a goal that should of been disallowed, two points dropped could still prove to be useful down the line in January.

I don't think he had a bad game. I would be more worried if he didn't get into scoring opportunities.

Ok he should have scored, but i thought he had a good game.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I don't think he had a bad game. I would be more worried if he didn't get into scoring opportunities.

Ok he should have scored, but i thought he had a good game.

Agreed. He got into good positions and more often than not hit the target (albeit not always with the venom he would have liked).

Had the pass from Bolasie been a foot further in front so he didn't have to check his run and re-adjust, he taps it in.

Not the finished product yet which should keep Chelsea at bay - which is good news for us.

Id say overall he played good but in terms of goals that is where his bad game is made up. If Tammy had of scored once or twice I spose we would be singing his praises, but he does need the critism because if he gets none then he can't 're adjust and take in what he failed to deliver.

I hope DEAN has took Tammy to the side as I'm sure he has and told him what he thinks Tammy should be doing. That is what Tammy needs a good dose of critism and advice that will help him bang in what should be simple finishes for him. In my eyes i think hes missing the easiest of shots trying to do way to much on the ball as well as thinking to much.

Sure Smith will sort Tammy out.

On 08/12/2018 at 18:13, sidcow said:

It's actually surprising at how competent he is bearing in mind he's only just turned 21.

So the poor season he had in the PL people talk about was when he was 19-20.

It's funny but I've seen our home grown players get so much support against all the evidence I've seen when they are that young and older, but because he's come from Chelsea people are very quick to criticise.

He's not even close to the finished article yet, not by a long shot. He's only going to improve with age and experience. 

...because our home grown players won’t cost the £30-40m that some on here are seemingly more than happy for us to pay...

On 08/12/2018 at 18:30, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

11 in 15, best return we've had from a forward in a long long time. Scary thing is he's missed as many as he's scored. Had an off night yesterday, but we're all behind you Kev

thats right, his real name is Kev

Kevin Oghenetega Tamaraebi Bakumo-Abraham  

to be precise

Â