Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

12 hours ago, privateer said:

:crylaugh: "Fervently ambivalent". You don't know what either of those words actually mean, do you?

Apart from being pretty much a contradiction to juxtapose those two words in a sentence, both of them in no way reflect my view or anything I said.

I'm only snarking at your vocabulary because you're snarking at somebody else's, but 'to juxtapose' two things means to place them in close proximity to highlight their differences or contrasts. You can't accidentally juxtapose something. 

• Like 1

On topic, I don't mind Tammy and I certainly don't wish him ill, but I never warmed to him as much as most here obviously have done. I think that's because of how clear he made it that he would have preferred to move to Wolves in January. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

On topic, I don't mind Tammy and I certainly don't wish him ill, but I never warmed to him as much as most here obviously have done. I think that's because of how clear he made it that he would have preferred to move to Wolves in January. 

Did he actually angle for a move? I can remember he thought about it but he never said he wanted out. Plus nobody would have blamed him we were midtable and had about 1 win in 8

16 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, he preferred it so much he stayed with us........

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

So how do you know he was so keen on going there then if it didn’t even get past that first hurdle? 

I'm fairly certain Tammy confirmed the FIFA angle on that story. i.e. he couldn't sign for 3 clubs in one season. I'll try and find it

Edit: here

"It looked like I was going to Wolves,” he said. “I think certain situations happened with the FA, something about playing for three teams in one year or something like that… but the coach spoke to me he said: ‘Listen, stay here, we believe in you, the boys believe in you, the fans believe in you and we’ll get promoted’. I am glad I did.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

And, he used a selfie stick to film some of our play off winning trophy grab... Hope he does well... disappointed that he has received racial nastiness, especially from his own club's fans.

Glad he has been part of our resurgence.

Edited by Raver50032

I liked him but wasn't nuts about him because he's young, English and would cost us a figure that I don't think he's worth, wolves were struggling to get a £25m bid accepted, so I was never part of the "I hope we go up so we can keep tammy" and with their transfer ban and other options he was never going anywhere

i'll probably keep an eye on him, especially if he starts to get national team noise but im not going out of my way to watch him, got no interest in watching chelsea

as for the racist stuff...every club has its idiots especially on twitter but Chelsea and racism seem to be more apparent than most, seen a lot more people talking about Chelsea fans being racist dickheads than I have Chelsea fans being racist dickheads, it was in a different context but don't forget our "black tammy" video 

I've got no ill will towards Tammy and will always be thankful for his part in getting us promoted. I don't begrudge him taking the opportunity to try to succeed at Chelsea given the chance.

Saying that, though, he is a Chelsea player now. I don't want him to be successful. I only care about Villa's successes. I couldn't care less if Tammy had an embarrassingly bad season.

He never struck me as a player who had the standards Chelsea would expect, even accounting for the fact he's still young and clearly has talent. Even for us in a league where he was able to score for fun he made loads of mistakes and went fairly severely off the boil at times. Chelsea will ditch him at the first opportunity. I wasn't that bothered we didn't secure him permanently, it was obvious throughout his time here that he was a loan player, to me, who to his credit was a good professional, gave his all and I think enjoyed himself here, but also knew he was going back to his parent club, and even if we could get him we would have to pay through the nose.

Of course the racist abuse is just lowest of the low scumbag shit. No shock its coming from Chelsea, who are one of the most racist clubs in the country it appears given the number of incidents they've been involved in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I liked him but wasn't nuts about him because he's young, English and would cost us a figure that I don't think he's worth, wolves were struggling to get a £25m bid accepted, so I was never part of the "I hope we go up so we can keep tammy" and with their transfer ban and other options he was never going anywhere

i'll probably keep an eye on him, especially if he starts to get national team noise but im not going out of my way to watch him, got no interest in watching chelsea

For me he was one of those players who, even though I loved him when he was here and I think he did brilliantly last season, I had my doubts as to whether he'd make the step up.
I can't put my finger on why, I just never felt very confident about him so wasn't too fussed about us signing him.

Totally wish him all the best though, wherever he ends up

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

For me he was one of those players who, even though I loved him when he was here and I think he did brilliantly last season, I had my doubts as to whether he'd make the step up.
I can't put my finger on why, I just never felt very confident about him so wasn't too fussed about us signing him.

Totally wish him all the best though, wherever he ends up

You could have said/thought that of any of our players last season.

Everyone seemed to be set on the fact that Grealish is definitely PL quality and yet, he cost us the game on Saturday.

9 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

You could have said/thought that of any of our players last season.

Everyone seemed to be set on the fact that Grealish is definitely PL quality and yet, he cost us the game on Saturday.

I mean, he absolutely is PL quality.  The fact he made a mistake doesn't change that.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I mean, he absolutely is PL quality.  The fact he made a mistake doesn't change that.

nope its all or nothing

he definitely made a mistake, it was definitely that moment that cost us the game, because of that he's definitely not PL quality, definitely not good enough but we will definitely be relegated anyway because of him not being PL quality and making a mistake that lost us a match 3-1

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm only snarking at your vocabulary because you're snarking at somebody else's, but 'to juxtapose' two things means to place them in close proximity to highlight their differences or contrasts. You can't accidentally juxtapose something. 

No.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

juxtapose

[ juhk-stuh-pohz, juhk-stuh-pohz ]

to place close together or side by side, especially for comparison or contrast.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Especially for is not exclusively for.

Â