Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

14 hours ago, sidcow said:

I have never seen Tammy take a convincing Penalty. 

Penalties should be taken like Gareth Barry, Alan Shearer and today Mason Mount. 

As soon as you start stroking the ball in (like Tammy always does) the keeper only needs to dive the right way and he saves. 

You didn't watch Villa v Blues?

• Like 1

End of this season he has two years left. He seems to value football over money so I hope for his career he doesn't sign a new contract at Chelsea if this season doesn't work out for him.

Be nice to see him back and progress here. He had a lot of areas to improve on despite his great record last season.

• Like 1

🤔 Struggling to see why anyone gives a ****, TBH. He did his job here at a lower level but was never our player and his heart was never here.

He's moved on and isn't coming back. Personally, I couldn't care less if he never scores another goal in his life. He stopped being relevant to me the second he stopped being a Villa player. 

Not personal in any way. I hold the same view towards just about all ex-Villa players. Some I actively wish ill upon, like Yorke, but for most I'm entirely insouciant. Sometimes I'll have warmth towards a player after they've moved on but they'll have had to have been one of ours and left in the right way, such as Cowans or Milner.

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, privateer said:

🤔 Struggling to see why anyone gives a ****, TBH. He did his job here at a lower level but was never our player and his heart was never here.

He's moved on and isn't coming back. Personally, I couldn't care less if he never scores another goal in his life. He stopped being relevant to me the second he stopped being a Villa player. 

Not personal in any way. I hold the same view towards just about all ex-Villa players. Some I actively wish ill upon, like Yorke, but for most I'm entirely insouciant. Sometimes I'll have warmth towards a player after they've moved on but they'll have had to have been one of ours and left in the right way, such as Cowans or Milner.

By being so fervently ambivalent, you're actually caring more than people that want him to do well. That, and it's just weird. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Basically every penalty shootout ever so.

Yes, well.

Since the big deal they made about it with VAR in the women's WC with the rule changes and special focus on it you'd expect this to be retaken.

I think he built a genuine affinity for us last season, I’d imagine that we at least had a conversation with him about coming permanently but the stars aligned for him to finally have a shot at playing first team football for his actual club, somewhere he’s been for a long time. I totally understand why he stayed and I’d have done the same in his position.

But i like the lad, he seems a nice guy and he’s a young player still which is easy to forget. That penalty was pure pressure last night, I really hope he comes back from it and does well, maybe one day we’ll have him back.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, privateer said:

Sorry, can't agree with that. You could tell he loved his time here and was a key reason we got up. I hope he does well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

By being so fervently ambivalent, you're actually caring more than people that want him to do well. That, and it's just weird. 

:crylaugh: "Fervently ambivalent". You don't know what either of those words actually mean, do you?

Apart from being pretty much a contradiction to juxtapose those two words in a sentence, both of them in no way reflect my view or anything I said.

Edited by privateer
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Sorry, can't agree with that. You could tell he loved his time here and was a key reason we got up. I hope he does well. 

I didn't say he didn't like it here and I acknowledged he did his job. Both is true. I said his heart was never here. His heart is Chelsea, it's his club and where he's always wanted to be and now he is.

And now he's just another player to me who plays for someone else. And as it happens, I don't care we didn't sign him either. He won't be anything like as deadly in this league this year as he was last year a level down, I don't think.

Being a striker carries a huge amount of pressure. More so for a young striker, even more so in a top 4/5 club with high expectation and little patience. 

You can’t blame him for wanting to give it a chance at his parent club as he will likely never get a better opportunity. He is a very talented player, so good you forget how young he is and how much development he has yet, physically and movement wise he is very good. Yes he needs a lot of chances but he gives himself a good chance with his reading of the game.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we bought him, he would be right at home here, welcomed by the fans who would be far more patient, and confidence and security can only make him better. Would love to see him back, but I still think he is one for the future and would like to see a senior (25y.o.) forward arrive as well.

Sell Kodjia for £9m in Jan and sign Tammy for £20m. And also buy Augustin.

• Like 2

We have had a number of loan players in the last few years .Some of them leave a bigger mark with fans than others.I felt Abraham was a player who gave his all for us.He reminded me a bit like Snodgrass in that regard.His goals and also his defensive duties at set pieces were a major factor in us getting promoted.He turned down the chance to play for Wolves so I will always remember him with affection.

I really felt sorry for him last night and it is easy to forget he is only 21.Not sure if Chelsea is the right club for him.

• Like 2

Only seen the penalty now for the first time. Christ, there was nothing wrong with that. Decent strike, right down the middle that the goalie judged. They are 10 a penny. Happens. The way people were going on about it i thought he tried to lob it in with his knob or something.  Chelsea fans are vile. Always have been.

Â