Villaphan04

Tammy Abraham

7 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Aaaaah Tammy! Just missed a tap-in (admittedly under pressure). He won a penalty though, albeit a dubious one.

near copy of the Suarez one vs Guzan

Missed a sitter and blows it in shoot-out. I'd love to say I'm surprised.

Shit pen, he likes rolling them straight down the middle but they always make you look a bit shit when they are saved

Awwwww Tammy!

I was hoping for him to slot it in.  Only wish the best for him and sad to see him be the only one to miss.

• Like 1

I don’t understand penalties like that seem like it’s purely for vanity. That said Adrian miles off his line but that’s for the VAR thread.

Still hasn't learnt how to take a penalty I see. I never trusted him from the spot when he was here. 

• Like 1

I have never seen Tammy take a convincing Penalty. 

Penalties should be taken like Gareth Barry, Alan Shearer and today Mason Mount. 

As soon as you start stroking the ball in (like Tammy always does) the keeper only needs to dive the right way and he saves. 

With Giroud scoring as well it's not been a great night for Tammy. 

He won't be at Chelsea in 12 months time. 

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I have never seen Tammy take a convincing Penalty. 

Penalties should be taken like Gareth Barry, Alan Shearer and today Mason Mount. 

As soon as you start stroking the ball in (like Tammy always does) the keeper only needs to dive the right way and he saves. 

He very rarely strikes the ball cleanly, not just on penalties.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

Early days, but there was always going to be a lot of pressure on him going back there this season. Chelsea mostly buy their players rather than develop them. They are too impatient to play them in the first team, so choose instead to buy the finished article and send their youngsters elsewhere. Their transfer ban has changed this, for this season only.

Tammy won't be persisted with for too long unless he begins to score freely. He has at the most one season to prove himself and might now spend a fair bit of it sitting on the bench. Who knows he might yet come back home during the next transfer window or more likely the next...

The penalty from yesterday, should have been retaken

202018ab-63dc-4347-90bc-1453537c8592?fit=crop&h=574&q=50&w=960&s=6d3ee74d3cbc329de92dea8c27fa73313d3e3088

• Like 1

Â