Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

On 30/03/2019 at 22:47, Junxs said:

Loan players cannot be nominated for team of year or player of the year awards, learned that last year.

Not sure if there's for some reason a different rule for the young player, but one of the nominees for the young player of the season is on loan from Liverpool. Tammy's younger than him as well. 

Pretty surprising, but hopefully he'll score plenty of goals right up to the end of the play off final and show them they can shove their PotS nominations up their arse.

2 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

In a worse team and in a higher league...

Agreed. People seriously need to stop compare him to our past strikers that played in the Premier League, the Prem is a different level, better defenders.

It's a ridicilous comparison really.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Agreed. People seriously need to stop compare him to our past strikers that played in the Premier League, the Prem is a different level, better defenders.

It's a ridicilous comparison really.

"The pears i picked up in Aldi yesterday were so much better than the fish i got in M&S 3 years ago"

🤣

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Would also like to say that the passion he showed after Steer saved that penalty was amazing.

Yeh I noticed this after the penalty save, he celebrated as though he had just scored. Fantastic to see.

• Like 1

Gets it.

After the last minute winner he mentioned he was sitting back at CB. No one has told him that, he's just thought we've got about 2 mins of long balls to defend so I'm going back. Brilliant team player. Ended up breaking forward so he chased that as well.

I remember his sprint back against Leeds as well. Full length of the pitch in the final seconds.

• Like 3

Defo still our best striker, but maybe needs a break? Anyone can miss a penalty, that happens, but overall his levels seem to have dropped a bit lately, everyone is allowed a dip in form, but it could be because of being jaded, which is often the result of having the work rate of a lion,

Can't be dropped as we have no one else like him or able to play in a way that suits our setup.

But, like many on here, I think he's playing very very poorly at the moment. He's not showing enough to suggest he could cut it at a higher level. The penalty was borderline unacceptable - confidence overstepped professionalism by a large amount. He needs too many chances to score and anytime he has to make a decision, rather than just react, he's bang average. His height and poaching is good but I think Villa's style of play is making him look better than he perhaps is.

Not convinced he's all that.

Â