Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

19 minutes ago, Rodders said:

he's allowed to be off the boil for a bit. Mercifully we've had other players who have picked up the slack, but he's scored and helped us when we were otherwise poor. The international break should do him some good.

He's earnt a few games off the boil!

Difference is his game is about more than goals.

Tammy is out of form the minute and I think he is suffering fatigue. He has played virtually every game since joining and runs his socks off. Maybe a couple of weeks off will do him the eorld of good. Didn't do mcginn any harm 😉

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Tammy is out of form the minute and I think he is suffering fatigue. He has played virtually every game since joining and runs his socks off. Maybe a couple of weeks off will do him the eorld of good. Didn't do mcginn any harm 😉

You could be right.

McGinn started to have a slight dip as well.

2/3 games out and he has come back at full power.

Tammy Abraham gets into scoring positions inside the penalty area regularly. Kodjia doesn't, and is not the same kind of goal poacher.

TA's always dangerous and the opposition defences focus heavily on him, freeing up space for our midfielders to run into forward space and take shots.

Abraham is essential to our play off push.

On 14/03/2019 at 22:18, Made In Aston said:

He’ll get a rest after tomorrow.  Plus he played 20 minutes less than usual Wednesday. Every little helps.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

He's certainly overdue a goal. 

The question is, is he Premier League quality? He certainly misses a lot of chances, would he be so prolific if his number of opportunities reduces significantly as it would do in a better league. 

I'm still not convince Chelsea will play him or that we should throw the kitchen sink at him in the unlikely event we do get promoted. 

6 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

If i were to drop TA from the start, it would be for Davis not Kodjia.  I dont think Kodjia has it in him to spearhead the attack anymore.

But i wouldnt be dropping him after 1 bad game, given his season to date.

Agreed. We are playing like a team now, and Keinan is a great team player who could help us stay that way - I wouldn’t want to risk the dynamic being altered by bringing in Kodjia who has in the past not been so great at the whole team thing. Hopefully TA hasn’t got a serious knock though, and he is able to return fully rested in two weeks to start regaining the early season form!

Injury did not look too bad he went to the bench rather than down the tunnel when he came off that is a good sign.  Was on the pitch at the end with all the players giving respect to the fans and was one of the last off.

Deano said he had fatigue from playing on his own up upfront which is hard for 3 games in 6 days.

2 week break will do him good i think.

Â