Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

With the news of the Chelsea transfer embargo.

This could change 😕

His chances of making the squad initially have gone up but that won't keep him there. 

Simply not a good enough finisher for that level currently. Will probably take another year at least.

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Well it’s not like anyone else they have signed have stepped up and scored loads

Yet they keep signing more rather than play him...

I think they don’t think he’s ready for them, and I agree.

On 18/02/2019 at 17:06, bannedfromHandV said:

Tammy's looked to me like someone who made a really bad decision and is now counting the cost of it recently........

It was the right decision, it's just that we have made it look like one that he might now be regretting. He's still better off playing for us than sitting on a Wolves bench for me. 

I wouldn't put it past Chelsea getting this transfer ban delayed for a window and their buying their new manager a new striker either. We might then have a squeak at getting him back next season. One can but hope.

Well, Birmingham mail and The boot room are carrying the same story after a tweet from Abraham and Grealish's reply

All sensationalist speculation from two sources that aren't exactly authoritative but we'll see:

image.png.4d6f54f9eac8163c0ee0450f2d4a84f6.png

Edited by Ouchmefoot
typo
  • Sad 1

Tammy's a very interesting player. With the ball at his feet away from goal, he's got a good touch and can beat players with his technical ability and pace. When he's in the box, he's always a danger, very good positioning and combined with his physique, a problem for defenders. 

The one thing keeping him from being a top striker is his composure when he's got too much time to process what he's doing. He's not really a natural finisher, which can be seen by the number of chances he misses. If he were, he'd probably be on double his total. 

There was talk about his best position being a wide forward at the top level and I can see why. He's an excellent target man at this level, though. 

Tammy just couldn't get into the game in my eyes, felt like he was out manned all game, they did well at marking him out.

He did have some good moments on the ball that he passed on and still caused a few headaches for city in midfield. Tammy also got back in defence at times and cut a few balls out..

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If we had a decent backup i would bench him right now, but Kodjia really looks worse.

Just have to hope he can find some form during this vital part of the season.

If you had your way we would be changing the whole starting 11 after every game 😂

You realise we just won 3-1. Tammy didn't have the best of games but he was a handful for the defence all game. Kodjia did well holding the ball up when he came on.

• Like 1

he's allowed to be off the boil for a bit. Mercifully we've had other players who have picked up the slack, but he's scored and helped us when we were otherwise poor. The international break should do him some good.

• Like 2

When he’s bad, he’s really really bad. Last night was probably his worst performance in a villa shirt.

Luckily, that’s quite rare and he’s been nothing short of sensational for us for large parts of the season.

We would be nowhere near the playoffs without his goals.

Â