Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

19 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He played for England twice already, many more to come I think

Agreed and I certainly think he's going to be a terror on international teams. I think with the right support for him in an international side that he could no doubt be a great, that is if he can master the premiere first.

• Like 1

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2019/02/01/tammy-abraham-on-why-he-stayed-at-aston-villa

Tammy Abraham has opened up for the first time on the reasons behind his decision to stay at Aston Villa.

The 19-goal frontman was highly linked with a January move to the Premier League after a prolific four months in claret and blue.

But he soon ended that speculation by committing his services to the club for the remainder of the campaign midway through the month.

Speaking to Club TV, he lifted the lid on those reasons.

He said: "I felt like here was home. It has been since I stepped through the door in August.

"Everyone has made me feel so welcome. Obviously you have the gaffer and the likes of John Terry here. It feels like one big family. Everything is great here.

"Dean Smith and JT called me every day. They told me I'd continue to score lots of goals here and that they believed I could take us up.

"When someone believes in you that deeply, it gives you that confidence. You want to go out there every game and you don't just want to do the best for yourself – but for the staff, the coaches and everyone else."

Abraham also admits the potential accolade of finishing as the Sky Bet Championship top scorer played a part.

The 21-year-old hit 24 in his Bristol City loan spell two years ago to go close to the award, and currently leads the way this term ahead of our fixture against Reading on Saturday.

"No one believed I'd still be here. When the Premier League comes for you, it's a big decision.

"I chose to stay. I believe in the manager and the players and love these great fans.

"I considered everything and decided to stay here. If I can finish as top goalscorer now I'll be over the moon. It would mean a lot."

Just saw his miss, i know im gonna get battered for this, but oh my lord what a miss, school boy stuff.

If any other of our strikers missed a chance like that they would be absolutely crucified.

I could have scored that chance, no joke, i literally could have.

He misses a lot of chances, the more i see him the more i think that the longer he has to think, the less likely he is to score, he defo seems more of an instinct player.

Edited by MaVilla

I can't find a stat to either back me up or prove me wrong but I certainly FEEL that his shots/chances to goals ratio would be nothing special. He misses a lot of good chances and most of his goals come from using his massive stature - either a header or a leg stuck out. He's a poacher. I suspect if we'd used Kodjia in the same role, with the same supply Tammy has had this year, that there wouldn't have been that much difference in their goal tally.

I genuinely believe that Tammy will not make it in the Premier League - this division is making him look good coupled with the number of chances we have created for him.

He's good. He's not great.

Last season we had 12.47 shots per match (5.63 on target)

This season we have 14.97 shot per match (5.97 on target) with a slightly improved possession average

So we were certainly more clinical last season. But NOT saying this is all down to Tammy.

21 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

It might seem that way watching games sometimes but this stat is surprising 

To too many fans we are as good as our last game. 

Thr stat doesn’t surprise me. We generally create big chances every game. It’s the defensive side we’ve struggled, Hopefully the clean sheet on Saturday is the start to correcting that.  

As for Tammy he actually misses a lot of big chances. But as somebody has mentioned his movement is superb so will continue to get in to positions to score and hopefully carrying on putting away more than he misses.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

On 04/02/2019 at 08:51, lexicon said:

Tammy is one of those strikers who seems to miss sitters and score loads at the same time. This would indicate that he has an absolutely excellent attitude and doesn't let his self belief get dented if he misses, just picks himself up and goes straight back at it. Really love that about him, actually. 

Yes, it is a good quality but I often wonder if he had scored so many of those missed sitters we would be 3rd position by now.  

Â