Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

Just now, PieFacE said:

He would be crazy not to go. This villa team is going no where for a while. Wolves are on the up and would be a good club to play for right now imo. 

If he gets enough game time, then fair enough. Pointless going there to sit on the bench, or just start the odd game. 

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

We need permanent signings. Loans are no way to build for the future.

Problem with permanent signings is we keep paying them too much. So even if they flop they won’t leave!

If we had signed Onomah last season we’d be stuck with him now. Not that I thought he was that bad but he was hardly a fans favourite.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Problem with permanent signings is we keep paying them too much. So even if they flop they won’t leave!

If we had signed Onomah last season we’d be stuck with him now. Not that I thought he was that bad but he was hardly a fans favourite.

It’s not so much whether they are loan signings or permanent signings. There are advantages and disadvantages to both, the key is are they good signings. I can’t remember us getting many or any right over the last few years. Not just the quality of the player, or even if they fit in to the team the actual contracts have been ridiculous. For example, I thought Shay Given was a decent 2nd gk signing at the time, but he was about 55 and signed on a 10 year contract!

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

If you’re looking for a killer who can score from a limited amount of chances then I doubt Abraham is the guy for you, he’s no Ian Rush. If you have people looking at 500 players a month then I’m a little surprised, that despite this, your scouting system has come up with such a blindingly obvious choice as the top scorer in the Championship who lives next door. Or perhaps it’s just newspaper rubbish after all? 

Who knows, he might have been someone they've had on that list since before last season.

Jiminez is Wolves main striker and will continue to be but he also plays out wide when needed. If this Abraham stuff turns out to be true he already seems an upgrade on Bonatini, and Afobe who we just sold. So happy to see him have a go or someone at a similar level, it's hard to criticise not going for proven players when newly promoted or following the model we have of looking abroad primarily.

I initially thought 18milliom seemed a lot, but then Bournemouth paid 19mil for Solanke. So who knows. It was about this time last year that Wolves started to make there loan deals permanent or put the deals in place to make that happen, so certainly have a lot of sympathy if you do lose him. Seen others mentioning Grabban but feel that was different as his club had been actively trying to sell him. 

• Like 1

TA is by no means the finished article and he still missus the odd sitter, he had a slow start with Villa this season and wasn't until Smith became manager that he flourished. Although I would preferred he stayed and helped us get promoted, too many players these days are looking short term, rather than what is in their best interests long term.

If he stayed with Villa and we were promoted, Is there the opportunity that we would sign him? I would have thought yes. On the other side of the coin, Wolves are so sure of him, they are only signing on loan for 6 months?. He probably feels that he is ready, and he probably is for the challenge, but if he keeps banging them in then there will be a handful of clubs wanting to sign him at the end of the season and he might be worth more to Chelsea.

Six more months in the Championship will only make things better for him and Chelsea, and hopefully Chelsea will see this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Thats because the judgment we have of a player is questionable.....rarely these days as opposed to years gone by, do we improve a player.

I can remember a time, we would buy a journeyman and turn them in to an international.

that's where it's all gone wrong.

I don't know how we get it back....but its missing.

ps i think we buy the wrong type of players.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, big mean bunny said:

Who knows, he might have been someone they've had on that list since before last season.

Jiminez is Wolves main striker and will continue to be but he also plays out wide when needed. If this Abraham stuff turns out to be true he already seems an upgrade on Bonatini, and Afobe who we just sold. So happy to see him have a go or someone at a similar level, it's hard to criticise not going for proven players when newly promoted or following the model we have of looking abroad primarily.

I initially thought 18milliom seemed a lot, but then Bournemouth paid 19mil for Solanke. So who knows. It was about this time last year that Wolves started to make there loan deals permanent or put the deals in place to make that happen, so certainly have a lot of sympathy if you do lose him. Seen others mentioning Grabban but feel that was different as his club had been actively trying to sell him. 

He will be a good player for Wolves.

1 hour ago, QldVilla said:

TA is by no means the finished article and he still missus the odd sitter, he had a slow start with Villa this season and wasn't until Smith became manager that he flourished. Although I would preferred he stayed and helped us get promoted, too many players these days are looking short term, rather than what is in their best interests long term.

If he stayed with Villa and we were promoted, Is there the opportunity that we would sign him? I would have thought yes. On the other side of the coin, Wolves are so sure of him, they are only signing on loan for 6 months?. He probably feels that he is ready, and he probably is for the challenge, but if he keeps banging them in then there will be a handful of clubs wanting to sign him at the end of the season and he might be worth more to Chelsea.

Six more months in the Championship will only make things better for him and Chelsea, and hopefully Chelsea will see this.

If i was him and considering the last 6 games or so.......i would go.

he and a few others at Villa are doing all the work, in terms of carrying the torch.....and if i was Jack, i would do the same.

He is making the right decision.

the sooner we drop promotion talk and concentrate on building a team the better.

Edited by TRO

We are a much bigger club than Wolves and have a more impressive History, a better name too in my opinion.

but the sad fact is they are further down the line in terms of development of their first team, than us.....why wait for all Villa's promises, when you can fast track to the league to be in.

That will not be lost on Tammy, not to mention the dough, he will be seduced with.

There are far less things to worry about at Wolves.....not least keeping the bloody ball out of the net....good players get tired of that.

Â