Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Good point. Whilst Tammy has scored a lots he's missed a boatload too. 

We've been creating so many chances he's been able to miss a lot and still score a lot. 

How will he be when chances are few and far between. 

He has missed 9 'major' chances according to one source I can't remember off the top of my head. More than most if not anyone in the Championship.

You could view that as a condemning statistic. On the other hand you could view it as him putting himself in excellent positions to score.

Michael Jordan missed 26 game winning shots in his career, he only made 25 game winning shots. He is also top 10 for total missed shots. Kobe Bryant is the all-time leader for missed shots in the NBA. This is in a sport that is much easier to score in than football. Yet we are talking about the greatest of all time in Jordan and arguably the 2nd behind him in Kobe.

I bring up basketball as I'm not familiar with any football statistics in relation to the discussion, and feel like it still illustrates my point.

I for one won't miss abraham one bit. most of his goals were tap ins that a fat kid could slot home and he misses more than he scores. he must have had 15 goal scoring chances against forest yet only took 4.

Villa made him look good by playing tora tora tora style football. at the same time making James Chester look like a right mug. he'll be ploughing a lone furrow up front for wolves. he will probably get 2 chances a game both of which will probably end up by penn libruary.

his first touch is a joke too nothing was sticking up front against preston last week and im sure one of forests goals was a ball played to him that he lost on the halfway line.

and the prima donna antics when somone like el gazi dares to have a shot instead of putting him in really does my head in. all the gesticulating, looking up to the sky long after passage of play has finished. If anyone behaved like that if i had a shot I'd have them by the throat in the boot room after the game.

If he was a true finisher he would have put bjarnson and the ball into the net at preston instead of watching bjarny put it over. he was stood virtually right up his trumpet.

good riddance he's the new micheal rickets.

1 hour ago, big mean bunny said:

Hi all. 

Not been on here since the Villa/Wolves thread last year. Hope you're all well. Not going to lie, so focused on just Wolves this year I wasnt even aware TA was at Villa on loan or that Smith was your manager, big fan of his from his Brentford time. 

The clips I have seen of Abraham for you guys he looks a totally different player to when at Swansea and Bristol. Wolves issue has been in the games where people sit back and let us have the ball as clear we don't have enough quality or killer edge and ultimately frustrate ourselves into being hit on the break. So can understand them wanting a striker like TA appears to be. 

Always liked the posters on here as you seem a great bunch, but those saying Wolves are doing this to spite Villa might want a glance of this article about the depths of the recruitment strategy, as no offence but that seems like the sort of crazy thing you'd read from our moron fans on the clubs Facebook page or that terrible molmox forum!

Good luck whatever happens and hope you guys are back in the prem sooner rather than later, as a near 40y/o fan, more Villa, Leeds and Forest for me and less Huddersfield, Fulham and Cardiff! 

https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/first-team/20190103-inside-look-at-wolves-player-recruitment/

I don't watch any PL football so I can't comment on how he will fit into your system but I can see why he is prolific at this level but struggled at Swansea. 

He comes alive in the 6 yard box but misses as many as he puts away, at this level and with the amount of chances we create he scores regularly, but will find it much harder against the better defenders he will face in the PL. 

His build up play and first touch is awful at times so whilst he works hard, that aspect of his game is poor.

My view of Tammy has been consistentin this thread that I don't see the guy as a PL player just yet so it's not just sour grapes that he may be leaving. 

All that said £18m (If that figure is true) doesn't get you a lot these days so he may be worth the gamble. 

I maintain he isn’t PL quality. He has proved this. If he doesn’t want to be here, bye bye. He’s scored a bunch of championship goals, whoopdeedo. So has Kodjia and even a Hogan. Proves nothing about the real quality that is required in the PL .

Can we buy rather than loan our next poacher and can he not be a bellend please. 

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

You're right that chances should be for us getting promoted, rather than winning Europe. But recent evidence suggests contrary.

If Tammy leaves, we have zero chance of replacing him with the same output.

It’ll be difficult I agree. Recent evidence, if you mean over the last few years, isn’t an encouraging trip down memory lane, but I hope, reasonably confidently that our new owners are a major upgrade. But no matter how much money and business acumen they bring to the table, it’ll take time. We weren’t t in a bit of bother, we were up to and probably beyond our necks in the brown stuff. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I don't understand why though. They have no plans for him, especially after signing 60m Perisic from Dortmund.

Yes I get all loans have recalls but they would be stupid to cash in now when they could get much more for Tammy come May.

Maybe Chelsea feel if he proves he can do it in the premier league that it will drive the price up or give them cause to give him another chance . 

Will watch his progress from afar , 3 goals from the bench in the 2nd half of the season for wolves , returned to chelsea and swiftly loaned out to recently relegated fulham . He could have got himself a big permanent move in the summer had he stayed here and scored goals!

I don't really mind either way. He won't be here next season, and I can't see us going up this season anyway, so if we can bring in someone like Maupay on a permanent deal in this window we can use the next 6 months getting him some experience playing in the team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A'Villan said:

One of my least favourite sayings. In every context that it is used. You're only as good as your last game in sport.

If Jesse Owens had paid any attention to the eugenics movement in the U.S, then yes class might of remained permanent, and athleticism would be worse of for it.

If Arnold Schwarzenegger had listened to his father who wanted him to remain in Austria and become a policemen like his father had been, sport also would have suffered.

If Fred Hampton, MLK Jnr, Malcom X, Bobby Hutton had listened to the saying that class is permanent. Think of where we might be.

Not even sorry to go off topic here, as, if you can't tell already, I hate that saying!

Sorry if I’ve unintentionally got your dander up, it certainly wasn’t my intention. You seem to have taken the word class more in the social/political  sense rather than an expression of quality. The examples you give are all of extraordinary people who railed against an unfair system or accepted norm and changed perceptions and the world in doing so. 

There is absolutely no room for complacency in the world of sport and you will only be rewarded if you continue to strive to be the best. Aston Villa are probably a good example of how complacency and resting on the laurels of past glory can leave you behind. Only when we become a truly modern, forward thinking club in every aspect of management will we perhaps get back to where we would like to be. But we can still do it in a classy way without being morally bankrupt. 

Oh and by the way, if that’s only one of your least favourite sayings, I’d love to know what your absolutely least favourite saying is? If I dare ask?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, big mean bunny said:

Hi all. 

Not been on here since the Villa/Wolves thread last year. Hope you're all well. Not going to lie, so focused on just Wolves this year I wasnt even aware TA was at Villa on loan or that Smith was your manager, big fan of his from his Brentford time. 

The clips I have seen of Abraham for you guys he looks a totally different player to when at Swansea and Bristol. Wolves issue has been in the games where people sit back and let us have the ball as clear we don't have enough quality or killer edge and ultimately frustrate ourselves into being hit on the break. So can understand them wanting a striker like TA appears to be. 

Always liked the posters on here as you seem a great bunch, but those saying Wolves are doing this to spite Villa might want a glance of this article about the depths of the recruitment strategy, as no offence but that seems like the sort of crazy thing you'd read from our moron fans on the clubs Facebook page or that terrible molmox forum!

Good luck whatever happens and hope you guys are back in the prem sooner rather than later, as a near 40y/o fan, more Villa, Leeds and Forest for me and less Huddersfield, Fulham and Cardiff! 

https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/first-team/20190103-inside-look-at-wolves-player-recruitment/

If you’re looking for a killer who can score from a limited amount of chances then I doubt Abraham is the guy for you, he’s no Ian Rush. If you have people looking at 500 players a month then I’m a little surprised, that despite this, your scouting system has come up with such a blindingly obvious choice as the top scorer in the Championship who lives next door. Or perhaps it’s just newspaper rubbish after all? 

• Like 1

I see a lot of sour responses towards Abraham.

He is way too good for this league , he has scored a high number of goals at this level and has featured for England.

He has very good link up play, i can think of the through pass he made to Grealish to score and he can score from anywhere in the box.

The only loyalty TA should show is to himself and family so if he is being offered over £100K a week he should take it.

Wolves play attractive football and are progressing rapidly.

I would be gutted to see him leave and it may result in us finishing in the top 10 instead of playoffs.

What we need to stop doing is signing players on loan if we do not have a first option to sign.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

I don't really mind either way. He won't be here next season, and I can't see us going up this season anyway, so if we can bring in someone like Maupay on a permanent deal in this window we can use the next 6 months getting him some experience playing in the team.

We need permanent signings. Loans are no way to build for the future.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Sorry if I’ve unintentionally got your dander up, it certainly wasn’t my intention. You seem to have taken the word class more in the social/political  sense rather than an expression of quality. The examples you give are all of extraordinary people who railed against an unfair system or accepted norm and changed perceptions and the world in doing so. 

There is absolutely no room for complacency in the world of sport and you will only be rewarded if you continue to strive to be the best. Aston Villa are probably a good example of how complacency and resting on the laurels of past glory can leave you behind. Only when we become a truly modern, forward thinking club in every aspect of management will we perhaps get back to where we would like to be. But we can still do it in a classy way without being morally bankrupt. 

Oh and by the way, if that’s only one of your least favourite sayings, I’d love to know what your absolutely least favourite saying is? If I dare ask?

This is a much better response than my post deserved. I had no issue with your other post, just the saying in bold. Just so that's clear.

I see what you did there. Class as an expression of quality. I still don't like that saying 😆 but I see where you are coming from.

All that you mention about complacency, reward, striving to be the best are decided by ones form not by ones class. But I guess what's clear is that it all depends on how you define something. I also know what you mean when you say we can go about things in a classy way without being morally bankrupt. Agree wholeheartedly there.

I don't really hold grudges against words or even people for that matter, so none are really coming to mind as my absolute least favourite, I can't even think of another one that I dislike at the minute! The words and people that inspire me do stick though.

• Like 1

Unsatisfied with my Jordan and Kobe reference in regards to Abraham missing big chances, I did some looking in to how the fellas leading the Premier League are going.

• Kane: 14 goals, 8 big chances missed.
  • Salah: 13 goals, 11 big chances missed.
  • Mitrovic: 8 goals, 6 big chances missed.

Abraham has 16 goals, 9 big chances missed. Some of us are condemning of the chances he hasn't put away but it's the same story from the top to the bottom of the PL.

From the reports that Wolves have the option to loan without buying would suggest Chelsea see him as a potential player for them one day, as well as strengthening a Wolves side that still has to play Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Man United and could potentially take points off their top four rivals.

At 21 this is a player who has the world at his feet. I for one would have no issue with us making him a permanent signing at seasons end.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â