Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

17 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Nah. You sound hysterical. As if going to Wolves is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Jesus...

Yeah!

that who we need to replace him.

• Like 1

I don't understand you TRO. We buy a few good players this window, we can easily push for playoffs, and why can't we win them? Then significantly strengthen in the summer with the wealth and potential of this club. New sponsorship deals etc.

Are you suggesting not trying to get promoted until we've built most of a mid level PL squad in the Championship?

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I don't understand you TRO. We buy a few good players this window, we can easily push for playoffs, and why can't we win them? Then significantly strengthen in the summer with the wealth and potential of this club. New sponsorship deals etc.

Are you suggesting not trying to get promoted until we've built most of a mid level PL squad in the Championship?

Agreed. If we get promoted then we will have played very well for the rest of the season and go up on a high. Nobody is suggesting that our recent run of games has been good, but to get promoted our team will have developed through a mixture of acquisitions and good coaching. Through the summer it can develop further, things can change very quickly if the club is being run properly by a smart and forward thinking board.

I think we’re all a little too fixated on what could go wrong, largely due to recent history, which is understandable. However we appear to have far better owners, with a very good set up, than we’ve had for I don’t know how long. They’re will be set backs along the way, but I believe we can make genuine and sustainable progress. If Leicester can go from almost nailed on to be relegated to Champions in 12 months, I’m sure we can make a fist of promotion without being instant relegation fodder. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

This. If he stays he’ll perhaps win the golden boot, be back at one of the leading clubs in England in the summer and be able to assess where his career goes next. Its hardly his Ronaldo to Real moment, unless your ambitions for him are extremely low.

Also if he does go, good luck to him. He’s just a loan player, we’ll survive. I like him, I think he’s a goal scorer at this level and has a lot of unique talents as a centre foward. We’ll be less for it this season if he does go. However, we need to move away from the short term thinking in the hope of reaching the ‘promised-land’ at all costs. He’s going, either now or the summer. The team cannot be built around him due to the nature of his contract with us. I’m more concerned about building a core nucleus of our own players that will serve us in this league and built upon in the premier league.

I want Tammy to stay with us, even longer than the summer....permanent for me.

However, If the Wolves Interest has foundation, its a great move for him, a team sitting 7th... just beat a top team away from home in Spurs...progressive with rich owners.

He is 21 and the world at his feet....It would be his first real step in his career ( not the final one as some have alluded too, his dream move and all that bollox) its a massive opportunity to progress himself.....Only to be outflanked by us buying him and the love affair can properly flourish.

It's amazing the power of social media for causing mayhem. A few hours ago no news about Tammy, then suddenly a bid has been accepted, then thats downgraded to Wolves " have offered", then it's Wolves have expressed an interest. Now we here Chelsea won't sell. Wow after all that has anything really changed from yesterday?

Edited by pintpotvilla

20 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

No you really don't understand me.

These "Good" players.....if they have the effect, fine...I will wait and see what effect they have.....if the last 10 years is anything to go by, I will wait and see and be pleasantly surprised, I hope.

I have made my view in an earlier post....ignore the reasons and mitigation....but win one, draw one, possibly lose one.....is not the format to get us out.

There is a plethora of reasons why we are playing like we are....but while we do, promotion is a pipe dream.

2 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

It's amazing the power of social media for causing mayhem. A few hours ago no news about Tammy, then suddenly a bid has been accepted, then thats downgraded to Wolves " have offered", then it's Wolves have expressed an interest. Now we here Chelsea won't sell. Wow after all that has anything really changed from yesterday?

Yeah ! if he don't go, we will keep the guy that got us a draw at home yesterday.

so pretty cool ,that.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Yeah ! if he don't go, we will keep the guy that got us a draw at home yesterday.

so pretty cool ,that.

I am not sure what your point is there TRO but we would have lost if it were not for him! Am I to take from your post that you are not too bothered if he goes?

I for one really am!

7 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

I am not sure what your point is there TRO but we would have lost if it were not for him! Am I to take from your post that you are not too bothered if he goes?

I for one really am!

I think he is actually saying the opposite of what you think he is.

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

"Brucenomics" helped all of Wolves, Cardiff and Fulham to get promoted last season.  Using loans effectively (which we've done with Abraham) is a brilliant way of securing talent you'd be incredibly unlikely to get on a permanent basis at this level.  If that's "Brucenomics", then he knew what he was doing.

If Abraham leaves, it's not effective.

At the beginning of this season, Bruce cried at having to build a whole new team. It's only effective if the person in charge of building that team gets the best out of them.

It hasn't been effective for us because we were held back by an idiot 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

....if the last 10 years is anything to go by, I will wait and see and be pleasantly surprised, I hope

That’s the whole point, the last 10 years isn’t anything to go by. Since Lerner came in we were badly run in virtually every department. Things have moved forward in leaps and bounds over the last few months. Of course it will take time to see the results, but the last 10 years is no longer the yardstick by which to judge us. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 2

Hmm interesting developments one of the reporters who covers Chelsea I believe it's for the evening standard here in London has said no bids been made/accepted and Chelsea will NOT be selling him in this window. His name is Simon Johnson and he is a very reliable journalist.

Panic over? Maybe

• Like 2

Â