Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

If we get in the PL we'll wipe our arse with £18m. See no point upsetting a player who is in great form and happy, just to send him to a smaller club in the PL. Wolves can grab something off Mendes' catalogue.

This is all well and good with claret and blue specs on.

But I think if the player wants to play in the Prem and there's an offer there that Chelsea are happy to accept, then he'll be far more upset by missing that opportunity.

We can say Wolves are a smaller club all we want. but they're on the up and they're likely to be a more attractive proposition than Villa for a while yet.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Calm down mate.

Hogan hasn't had an oppurtunity yet in a side playing a completely different style of football. We are getting close (bar the last few games) to playing like Brentford where he was banging in goals.

Kodjia has been inconsistent this season but has been out of position on the left wing for the majority, he actually came into some form up front prior to Abraham joining.

Losing Abraham will be a massive blow but we can deal with it, sorting the defence and getting a playmaker in midfield is the priority. We are creating numerous chances each game for a different striker to put into the back of the net.

I'm very calm thanks.

Hogan even as a sub has been non existent. He makes zero impact and it feels like when we have him on field we are playing with ten players. This is his 3rd seaaon here and he has been garbage for most of that.

As for kodj yes he has been played out of position but he for me has not been the same player since the injury. For me he won't get us up as our main man for goals. 

I'd keep him.as a squad player for now. Hogan I would get rid at any opportunity we can

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This is all well and good with claret and blue specs on.

But I think if the player wants to play in the Prem and there's an offer there that Chelsea are happy to accept, then he'll be far more upset by missing that opportunity.

We can say Wolves are a smaller club all we want. but they're on the up and they're likely to be a more attractive proposition than Villa for a while yet.

They might be more attractive for 6 months. I'll be generous. Tammy will be wary of blundering into another Swansea situation. I doubt he'll want to play for just anybody in the PL. There's no rush either. He's still a kid basically. There's a lot to be said for being settled, happy and playing for and with people you like. Which I'm sure is the case. He can look at it again in the summer. We all can.

We could easy put in that bid of 18 million or more in the championship. The fact clubs higher up are bidding will make it awkward for us to keep Tammy, only way we can keep him is by matching offers and more which those clubs know that we can do.

Personally I feel we need to try and go out of our way to get Tammy, our strikers are poor and not saying poor compared to Tammy standards, but poor in championship standards, they should be sold the league down.

Only way Tammy is going to the premiere with another club is if the club who are bidding are not fighting a relegation battle, makes no sense to join a relegation side.

Did someone say JT was at chelsea today, maybe he has gone there to have a meeting to see if we can get Tammy signed permenent, I'd put a bet that's the reason Terry has gone racing of too Chelsea if he has.

Edited by Dave-R

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Wolves fans I’ve spoken to don’t want him. Don’t think he is good enough for them. 

Once a championship team, now think that a player like Tammy is not good enough for them, thats just bad from the wolves fans.

46 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Serial pant wetters in over reaction shocker alert

i think potentially losing the scorer of a 3rd of our goals this season is valid pant wetting news IMO

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

They might be more attractive for 6 months. I'll be generous. Tammy will be wary of blundering into another Swansea situation. I doubt he'll want to play for just anybody in the PL. There's no rush either. He's still a kid basically. There's a lot to be said for being settled, happy and playing for and with people you like. Which I'm sure is the case. He can look at it again in the summer. We all can.

He's not settled though. He's been here a few months.

In 6 months Wolves will still be a top half premier league team and it's looking more and more likely that we'll still be a championship team.

As much as I hate to say it, if he's got an offer then he'd be mad not to take it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i think potentially losing the scorer of a 3rd of our goals this season is valid pant wetting news IMO

Exactly, anyone who isnt panicking about it doesn't realise how big of a deal it is. They will though if were made to carry rest of the season without Tammy and our strikers can't do the job that Tammys been doing and it messes the season up good and proper. It will unless Smith sorts it somehow with a new striker or get Tammy on board, I feel this is a headache we need sorting fast as it's on going and not going away, the joys of the loan market..

He is settled. Even if it's just for now. And we'll have to agree to disagree that jumping at the chance to join Wolves right now is the best thing for him. Never mind a formality.

I think Tammy is going to be an exceptional talent.....Wolves does seem an obvious move for him.

We can't keep ourselves on a life support machine on loan players....We have to move on and get permanent signings.

We lost Andy Gray to Wolves, we lost Benteke to Liverpool....We have been here before.

We have to find our own gems and build the team, with our own players.

The fact we have relied on Tammy's goals shows what a good player he is and what a dormant lot we have on our books in terms of goal scoring....players happy to watch him do it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

He is settled. Even if it's just for now. And we'll have to agree to disagree that jumping at the chance to join Wolves right now is the best thing for him. Never mind a formality.

I'm not sure what your definition of settled is. I don't think a 21 year old after 5 months on loan who presumably still lives in London is anywhere close to "settled". It's not like he's moved a family to Birmingham and has been here for 3 years. 

But yes let's agree to disagree. unfortunately I'd be surprised if Tammy Abraham disagrees with me :( 

Edited by Stevo985

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Exactly, anyone who isnt panicking about it doesn't realise how big of a deal it is. They will though if were made to carry rest of the season without Tammy and our strikers can't do the job that Tammys been doing and it messes the season up good and proper. It will unless Smith sorts it somehow with a new striker or get Tammy on board, I feel this is a headache we need sorting fast as it's on going and not going away, the joys of the loan market..

I think we need to relax and realise this is a big building job....this team is not ready for promotion, never mind the premier league.

Tammy has just papered over the cracks for us.

Let Dean and the club, do there bit, but I would suspect the real business will be done in the summer.

• Like 1

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Do you think Kodjia would have missed both of those then had he been on the end of them?

He wouldn't have been on the end of them, you have to be motivated enough to be in the zone and read the game sufficiently to take you there.

• Like 1

Â