Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

I don't think we have the calibre of Tammy sitting waiting in the wings, but let's have some balance here.  They won't have his scoring ratio between them given that one has played out of position all season and the other hasn't started a single game, all while Tammy has played as the sole striker.

Hogan is pants we all know it. He would strigglw to get half the goals Tammy has

Kodjia since his injury is Mr inconsistent. He could be brilliant one week then absolutely dreadful the next. Neither for me will get you promotion as your number one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dukes said:

As much as I want him to stay, I think if he has a chance of moving to a Premier League club on a permanent deal he will take it, otherwise he'll just end up like Patrick Bamford being fared around to club after club and then losing the impetus.

I wouldn't blame him at all if he wanted to join Wolves permanently, he'd have a chance there to be top dog at a top half Premier League team with a good manager. Even if we could afford to buy him, he is unlikely to be getting Premier League football with us next season, so I think he should take that chance should it present itself. Leaving to go on loan to Crystal Palace or Newcastle on the other hand would probably not benefit him more than staying here and getting a few more goals under his belt..

He is no Patrick Bamford and I hope he would not have his head turned by this sort of speculation. If he goes any hopes of promotion go with him. I think he would be better to see the season through with us and to then return to Chelsea having netted 30 goals or hopefully sign for us to play for a club and fans that really want him. As ABBA once so nearly said he should "take a chance on us!"  

1 hour ago, Dick said:

Short term thinking will always mean there is a chance it'll bite you on the bum. Brucenomics needs to end.

Now we need to focus on building our own team, with our own players.

"Brucenomics" helped all of Wolves, Cardiff and Fulham to get promoted last season.  Using loans effectively (which we've done with Abraham) is a brilliant way of securing talent you'd be incredibly unlikely to get on a permanent basis at this level.  If that's "Brucenomics", then he knew what he was doing.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hogan is pants we all know it. He would strigglw to get half the goals Tammy has

Kodjia since his injury is Mr inconsistent. He could be brilliant one week then absolutely dreadful the next. Neither for me will get you promotion as your number one.

And that's fine.  It makes a lot more sense than your earlier post criticising the goal ratio of a player with 0 starts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

I thought prices in January window where always higher not lower.

Unless big money involved I don't see the current status quo changing

I think the suggestion is that Chelsea and TA might benefit on seeing how he gets on if he gets loaned to another premiership club. DS suggested yesterday that Villa, TA , and Chelsea were all happy with the current arrangement at Villa. It might be that two of those parties would be even happier if he were performing as well at a premiership club. 

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Having lots of loans is incredibly common at Championship level.

Yeah it can bite you in the arse at times, but it's usually beneficial.

As annoying as it would be to lose Abraham at this stage, a loan is also the reason we've been able to have a prolific striker who is too good for the championship contribute for half the season.

Every team in the top 6 has loan players ,with the budgets the way they are in Championship its a means to an end ..if we hadn't loaned Tammy someone else would have 

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Having lots of loans is incredibly common at Championship level.

Yeah it can bite you in the arse at times, but it's usually beneficial.

As annoying as it would be to lose Abraham at this stage, a loan is also the reason we've been able to have a prolific striker who is too good for the championship contribute for half the season.

Yeah yeah, that's all very well and rational and that, but as the more emotional among us would have you remember, it's f***in garbage mate because we're Aaaaassston Villlllla, by far the greatest team, you'll ever f***in see. Yeah? Innit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nabby said:

Every team in the top 6 has loan players ,with the budgets the way they are in Championship its a means to an end ..if we hadn't loaned Tammy someone else would have 

It's also the case that if you sign a load of permanent, championship standard players then if you get promoted you're left with lots of players who may not be good enough for the prem but sit on your books, unless you can offload them.

Bruce's approach last season would have been great IF we got promoted. When you miss out on that though you're left with a bit of a rebuild.

As with anything, it's about finding the right balance. A bunch of loanees to support and compliment a solid permanent squad is ideal. We were probably too reliant on loans and short term signings last season. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think the suggestion is that Chelsea and TA might benefit on seeing how he gets on if he gets loaned to another premiership club. DS suggested yesterday that Villa, TA , and Chelsea were all happy with the current arrangement at Villa. It might be that two of those parties would be even happier if he were performing as well at a premiership club. 

From what I have read it seems the Wolves deal is a loan with deal to buy in Summer so from Chelsea's side do they send him to Wolves knowing they guaranteed 18mil in Summer or leave him at Villa and think they can get the same or more as a fee in Summer from Wolves or others then.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

It's also the case that if you sign a load of permanent, championship standard players then if you get promoted you're left with lots of players who may not be good enough for the prem but sit on your books, unless you can offload them.

Bruce's approach last season would have been great IF we got promoted. When you miss out on that though you're left with a bit of a rebuild.

As with anything, it's about finding the right balance. A bunch of loanees to support and compliment a solid permanent squad is ideal. We were probably too reliant on loans and short term signings last season. 

Or in our case your buy championship levels players who aren't good enough and end up on the bench or sent to Australia :) 

• Like 1

If we get in the PL we'll wipe our arse with £18m. See no point upsetting a player who is in great form and happy, just to send him to a smaller club in the PL. Wolves can grab something off Mendes' catalogue.

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Calm down mate.

Hogan hasn't had an oppurtunity yet in a side playing a completely different style of football. We are getting close (bar the last few games) to playing like Brentford where he was banging in goals.

Kodjia has been inconsistent this season but has been out of position on the left wing for the majority, he actually came into some form up front prior to Abraham joining.

Losing Abraham will be a massive blow but we can deal with it, sorting the defence and getting a playmaker in midfield is the priority. We are creating numerous chances each game for a different striker to put into the back of the net.

• Like 2

Just now, Mazrim said:

If we get in the PL we'll wipe our arse with £18m. See no point upsetting a player who is in great form and happy, just to send him to a smaller club in the PL. Wolves can grab something off Mendes' catalogue.

We won't be upsetting the player, he will only leave us if he wants to leave Chelsea or go back there to fight for his place.

I'm pretty certain if Wolves are offering £18 million we will be offering similar with a clause on promotion.

Â