Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

Just now, VillaChris said:

Chelsea love making quick bucks on their young players on loan hence why their transfer strategy is to sign so many and loan them out.

The chances of him breaking into their first team are very slim so guess they've just looked at his form and thought they might aswell sell him while he's hot as he might lose form towards end of season.

This will be massive void for us, need to get someone in before Wigan now.

Am I missing something here as you are talking like he has gone? I have seen the report form the shite rag The Sun which says Wolves have had a bid of 18 mill accepted. I can't for a second see Chelsea selling for that.

If he goes so be it though someone else will have to step up. That may mean Kodjia who scored 19 for us a couple of years ago, Hogan who regularly scored for Brentford under Smith or signing someone else.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Everyone close to him says he's desperate to play in premier league as soon as possible so can see him wanting to go.

Everyone apart from Smith who stated yesterday he will be amazed if he doesn't remain our player for the rest of the season. You'd think to come out with a statement like that he'd know something that perhaps the rest of us, and a few hacks, don't.

Edited by markavfc40

Well thats that then he is leaving us and that probably be his last appearance. This was always a risk and we knew that this could happen.

Thanks Tammy for your commitment to the cause. Be hilarous if he rejects wolves though

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Am I missing something here as you are talking like he has gone? I have seen the report form the shite rag The Sun which says Wolves have had a bid of 18 mill accepted. I can't for a second see Chelsea selling for that.

If he goes so be it though someone else will have to step up. That may mean Kodjia who scored 19 for us a couple of years ago, Hogan who regularly scored for Brentford under Smith or signing someone else.

IF the price Chelsea are prepared to accept for Tammy is that low and IF Smith wants him on a perm, I'm totally confident that with our current owners and exec we'd match that bid by finding a deal Chelsea would wear. Then it would be down to what Tammy wants to do. He likes it here by the look of it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I'd rather not rely on our existing options tbh, Kodjia blows hot and cold after his bad injuries and Hogan is lost cause here. We need a new striker in for Wigan otherwise we lose more ground to top 6.

Tammy was on course for 30 goals this season. We've lacked plenty of creativity since Jack got injured and he's still been scoring at goal a game rate so he's going to leave a massive void.

Plenty of journalists are reporting this btw so get the feeling someone from Wolves/Chelsea has briefed them on this move.

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Everyone apart from Smith who has stated yesterday he will be amazed if he doesn't remain our player for the rest of the season. You'd think to come out with a statement like that he'd know something that perhaps the rest of us, and a few hacks, don't.

Loan deals can have multiple of clauses in them, DS wasn't obviously here when it was all negotiated so I fear he might not have knowledge of the smaller print in the deal.

4 minutes ago, privateer said:

IF the price Chelsea are prepared to accept for Tammy is that low and IF Smith wants him on a perm, I'm totally confident that with our current owners and exec we'd match that bid by finding a deal Chelsea would wear. Then it would be down to what Tammy wants to do. He likes it here by the look of it.

You think as a Championship club we'll be matching an £18m bid for a striker in January when we have to buy 4 or 5 defenders?

And in reality if Wolves really want him then they'll raise their bid so we'd probably be looking at £20m plus.

I'd be very surprised!

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I'd rather not rely on our existing options tbh, Kodjia blows hot and cold after his bad injuries and Hogan is lost cause here. We need a new striker in for Wigan otherwise we lose more ground to top 6.

Tammy was on course for 30 goals this season. We've lacked plenty of creativity since Jack got injured and he's still been scoring at goal a game rate so he's going to leave a massive void.

Plenty of journalists are reporting this btw so get the feeling someone from Wolves/Chelsea has briefed them on this move.

The same journalists that were so sure that Thierry Henri was going to be our next manager they caused some  bookies to stop taking bets. 

Is playing in the Community Shield not ruling out a move to another club then?

Jose Mourinho seemed to think it was fine to list this down as a achievement, many clubs also list it as an  honour so surely its a competitive game?

• Haha 1

18m is nothing for him. We just match Wolves offer pending promotion and then back date his contract to ensure FFP compliance.

if we don’t get promoted Chelsea probably have an even more valuable asset and Tammy could probably have his pick of more teams in the premiership come the summer. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Loan deals can have multiple of clauses in them, DS wasn't obviously here when it was all negotiated so I fear he might not have knowledge of the smaller print in the deal.

He will be fully aware the loan deal can be ended early. You can listen to what he said on Tammy from around 2 minutes 40 seconds in:

Smith Post Match QPR

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You said it was over before you heard about Tammy!

Indeed and its now definitely over. Not many of the squad.are helping with the goals this year are they?

Edited by Demitri_C

It’s worth noting that since smith came in Tammy has 13 goals in 14 games. Previous to this he had 3 in 6 under Bruce. 

In comparison neal maupay had scored 10 goals in 11 games with smith in charge, and since leaving he now has 5 goals in 13 games. 

Whilst Tammy is an all round good striker and I believe premier league level, smiths system is very much set up to benefit a half decent striker. And while he’d be a loss I’d expect an adequate replacement would still score a good amount of goals, be that kodjia, hogan or someone brought in. Lets not forget hogan scored circa 14 goals in half season under smith and kodjia I believe got 19 for us in his first season. We’ll be just fine. 

Edited by Tony
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, S-Platt said:

depends if the charity shield counts as a competitive game as if it does you can't play for 3 teams in one season!?

Pretty sure in the past players had yellow/red cards in it and it's not been counted over for league games. You're also allowed to make more subs in this game than normal league ones so that's why it's classed as a friendly.

Mourinho just lost his mind this season. Wasn't long ago he was downgrading Ranieri and Wenger for winning these types of cups!!

Â