Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Dean Smith sides have rarely had problems scoring goals. Whilst I rate TA very highly and would be loathe to loose him - I don't think goals scored will be our problem even if goes.  

Let’s hope he stays with Villa and stays fit so we don’t have to put this hypothesis to the test. 

Personally I think Abraham has a goal scoring instinct that is relatively rare and shouldn't be dismissed too easily.

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think his hold up play is great, I think he is the complete centre forward

You'd have thought he'd be at Barcelona then playing alongside Lionel Messi if he was the complete forward...
He's good, great at this level, but the complete centre forward? No chance. There are still a few elements to his game that he needs to improve on if he wants to be 20+ a season striker in the premier league. His hold up play is one of them, it's my biggest gripe about his game. But as mentioned, tough to be angry at a player who seems to score for fun!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

You'd have thought he'd be at Barcelona then playing alongside Lionel Messi if he was the complete forward...
He's good, great at this level, but the complete centre forward? No chance. There are still a few elements to his game that he needs to improve on if he wants to be 20+ a season striker in the premier league. His hold up play is one of them, it's my biggest gripe about his game. But as mentioned, tough to be angry at a player who seems to score for fun!

There’s a reason he’s a Chelsea player and has played for their first team

Nixon from the Sun on Twitter saying Wolves have made massive bid to sign him , Chelsea might not recall but if Wolves are prepared to pay something stupid like 30mil plus think they will sell.Would assume if recalled we would be due a returned fee as we paid for the loan 

As much as I want him to stay, I think if he has a chance of moving to a Premier League club on a permanent deal he will take it, otherwise he'll just end up like Patrick Bamford being fared around to club after club and then losing the impetus.

I wouldn't blame him at all if he wanted to join Wolves permanently, he'd have a chance there to be top dog at a top half Premier League team with a good manager. Even if we could afford to buy him, he is unlikely to be getting Premier League football with us next season, so I think he should take that chance should it present itself. Leaving to go on loan to Crystal Palace or Newcastle on the other hand would probably not benefit him more than staying here and getting a few more goals under his belt..

If he goes he goes. We have a huge problem at Villa with our squad and it's been incredibly mismanaged. To be so dependent on loan players after all the money we've spent really hits home how poorly we've been run. 

• Like 1

I don't see Chelsea wanting to sell him. They would be stupid to really as he is 21 years old, banging goals in for fun at Championship level and looks as though there is plenty of potential and more to come from him. He looks capable of stepping up to Prem league level and being a 15-20 odd goals a season striker.

A loan to a top flight club is certainly going to be an option though and it then comes down to if the player has any desire to go out on loan to a top flight club for the next 4 months over staying here. At best he would be looking at going to a club looking to finish mid table in the Prem where as on the other hand he can stay here where he is scoring for fun, has built a rapport with supporters and try to achieve promotion. 

As Smith stated yesterday I'd also be amazed if he doesn't remain an Aston Villa player for the remainder of this season.

Edited by markavfc40

15 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

He's not Wolves sort of player and isn't a Mendes player either so I highly doubt there's anything in it. And Nixon is very unreliable.

Multiple journos are reporting this....

Chelsea just want to make a quick buck on him as they so often do with the young players on loan  (Nathan Ake).

Whenever I've seen Wolves they've lacked a poacher in the six yard box to finish off their good moves.

This is happening I suspect.

15 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I don't see Chelsea wanting to sell him. They would be stupid to really as he is 21 years old, banging goals in for fun at Championship level and looks as though there is plenty of potential and more to come from him. He looks capable of stepping up to Prem league level and being a 15-20 odd goals a season striker.

A loan to a top flight club is certainly going to be an option though and it then comes down to if the player has any desire to go out on loan to a top flight club for the next 4 months over staying here. At best he would be looking at going to a club looking to finish mid table in the Prem where as on the other hand he can stay here where he is scoring for fun, has built a rapport with supporters and try to achieve promotion. 

As Smith stated yesterday I'd also be amazed if he doesn't remain an Aston Villa player for the remainder of this season.

Chelsea love making quick bucks on their young players on loan hence why their transfer strategy is to sign so many and loan them out.

The chances of him breaking into their first team are very slim so guess they've just looked at his form and thought they might aswell sell him while he's hot as he might lose form towards end of season.

This will be massive void for us, need to get someone in before Wigan now.

It's all well and good making a bid or accepting a bid but at the end of the day it's down to the player and it appears he's very happy here.

That could be the deciding factor. Don't under estimate the size of this club no matter where they are playing - just saying!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Yep. The bruce legacy. A shit load spent and nothing really built. 

It's always been the SB way. I remember one year SHA were down and he signed Seb Larsson, Bendtner and Muamba all on loan from Arsenal.

Our problem simply is Tammy has done too well. If he'd scored only 10 goals he'd be here for the season.

Just now, pintpotvilla said:

It's all well and good making a bid or accepting a bid but at the end of the day it's down to the player and it appears he's very happy here.

That could be the deciding factor. Don't under estimate the size of this club no matter where they are playing - just saying!!

Everyone close to him says he's desperate to play in premier league as soon as possible so can see him wanting to go.

• Like 1

Â