Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

1 hour ago, Silent_Bob said:

This is not the early 80's where you can win a title by using 13-14 players. 

If only it were...........

• Like 1

3 hours ago, One For The Road said:

I think if we signed Messi and Ronaldo we would struggle for the top 2 because we have an abysmal goalkeeper, no natural left back of any quality and just one centre back in the squad who is up to the task.

I have to say that if we signed those two we wouldn't need to worry about our defence because we would be scoring goals for fun. :D 

20 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

I can't get behind the thinking that it's OK to rely on Kodjia alone. Kodjia has only just come back from a bad injury and our having two games a week and putting him through potentially 40 odd games is lunacy.

As for the others, Hogan has proven only that he's not good enough—just compare what Kodjia did on Wednesday to Hogan. Kodjia made things happen and scored two top-class goals all by his own making and skill while Hogan makes things easy for the other team by bouncing the ball to them and being an absolute ghost upfront. Davis I like, but he's injured for who knows how long. His scoring record isn't very good either so he's not someone we should pin the hopes of an entire season and a promotion push on. After that, we have only RHM who doesn't look ready and certainly not ready to lead the line.

A new CF for me is the number one priority otherwise we're taking an insane and stupid gamble.

Cant argue with that you are right it is a gamble, but so is persisting with Jedinak at CB. I just think thats more important right now, and its a position where we can bring someone in to straight away strengthen the first team. How would we have tempted Tammy to come here when the most likely situation at the moment is that hed be on the bench, he can get that at Chelsea. Unless you say play two up top, but then to accommodate for the new expensive wingers you'll have a back three of possibly Jedinak Chester and Elphick/Tuanzebe ??

Id love us to be greedy and have another 20 goal a season striker on the bench, but were just not in the position to do that at the time being. Not taking away from it though hes a great player and would be a great signing. 

7 minutes ago, Tony said:

Cant argue with that you are right it is a gamble, but so is persisting with Jedinak at CB. I just think thats more important right now, and its a position where we can bring someone in to straight away strengthen the first team. How would we have tempted Tammy to come here when the most likely situation at the moment is that hed be on the bench, he can get that at Chelsea. Unless you say play two up top, but then to accommodate for the new expensive wingers you'll have a back three of possibly Jedinak Chester and Elphick/Tuanzebe ??

Id love us to be greedy and have another 20 goal a season striker on the bench, but were just not in the position to do that at the time being. Not taking away from it though hes a great player and would be a great signing. 

You agree but then you don't. If you agree we can't rely on Kodjia for 40 games then you agree we need another striker. I think it's black and white. If we are to push for promotion we 100% need another striker—we have enough games to rotate, sub in and sub out. Having two strikers will only help us as they'll be forced to be at the top of their game. As I say, Kodjia has only just come back from a long injury. You cannot rely on having him playing 90 minutes for 40 games. If he gets tired or has a niggle who are we going to play?!

Jedinak was good on Wednesday—there's a glimmer of hope for me that he can work there. I agree it's not ideal, but he certainly has the physical presence and you'd hope he'd keep improving the more he plays there.

For the record, I'd say we absolutely cannot go on without another striker. Next up, I'd choose a centre back—but we surely need to let some players go as we have such a bloated squad.

12 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

You agree but then you don't. If you agree we can't rely on Kodjia for 40 games then you agree we need another striker. I think it's black and white. If we are to push for promotion we 100% need another striker—we have enough games to rotate, sub in and sub out. Having two strikers will only help us as they'll be forced to be at the top of their game. As I say, Kodjia has only just come back from a long injury. You cannot rely on having him playing 90 minutes for 40 games. If he gets tired or has a niggle who are we going to play?!

Jedinak was good on Wednesday—there's a glimmer of hope for me that he can work there. I agree it's not ideal, but he certainly has the physical presence and you'd hope he'd keep improving the more he plays there.

For the record, I'd say we absolutely cannot go on without another striker. Next up, I'd choose a centre back—but we surely need to let some players go as we have such a bloated squad.

I agree it’s a gamble I don’t agree it’s the best use of of our one loanee left, so I’d take the gamble. But there you go.

10 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Apparently Spurs had a £25 million bid rejected on deadline day for him. 

Spurs always like to keep these things out of the public eye!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sne said:

Perhaps he should speak to Chelsea if we are interested?

Or are we planning on letting the papers handle this transfer for us?

No need to be bashful Bruce, nice guys never gets the girl.

I'm assuming Tammy is a girl?

He might pass for Grace Jones from 100 yards away.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Even our injured strikers (Higan, Davis) have doubtful records on scoring.

Doubtful? Maybe Hogan could be considered to have doubtful scoring record but Davis has a practically non-existant one. Really hope we don't have to rely on him.

We desperately need a striker as for me, Kodjia is too much of a liability. We cannot rely on him alone. Especially when we have no defence.

Edited by One For The Road

Maurizio Sarri believes Tammy Abraham will stay at Chelsea rather than move before next week’s loan window closes.

Aston Villa have been pursuing a loan deal for the striker, who was on loan at Swansea last term and previously spent a season with Bristol City.

But Chelsea head coach Sarri has suggested to the club’s website he believes Abraham will decide against another loan move, at least until the window reopens in January, rather than drop down to the Championship.

Sarri said: “It is up to him. If he wants to remain, we are very happy with him and so I think until January he will stay with us.”

Abraham played for Chelsea’s development side on Friday evening in a 1-0 defeat against Derby at Stamford Bridge, where Charly Musonda was sent off.

clicky

30 minutes ago, Nigel said:

A year ago he was playing for England, if he’s now happy to go back playing in the u23 shitty development league which won’t aid him at all the bloke is a moron. I’m not saying he should join us, (although that’ll be good for us) but any championship football would be better for him than the U23.

• Like 2

In reality he is 4th or 5th striker.  However it's his prerogative if he backs himself as it's his career.

Personally I'd like to keep myself as active as possible because I know what looks better out of banging in goals or sitting on a bench.

Edited by Nigel

Â