Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Andy Cole for example missed many chances but scored a lot too. All depends on character of player

He does remind me of Cole, a friend and I said this, this morning. He takes 3/4 chances to score. As long as you create enough for him he’ll still get a lot of goals 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

He does remind me of Cole, a friend and I said this, this morning. He takes 3/4 chances to score. As long as you create enough for him he’ll still get a lot of goals 

Yup. He seems pretty intelligent with his movement too. Very much an all round striker, who will definitely frustrate as he develops his game, but is very much capable of 30 goals in this league. 

11 hours ago, Skruff said:

I'm pretty sure he'll go back to Chelsea and we'll sit here reminisce that one season the great striker Tammy Abraham played for us. And how we were a part of his journey towards becoming one of the top strikers in the premier league. 

I don't think he would be ready to start for Chelsea next season, if we go up I can see him coming back for our first season in the Premier League which would be a massive boost. Past that I can't see Chelsea letting him go, and not for the money we would be prepared to play.

Brilliant striker and is almost a mix of Kodja, Hogan and Davis.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

I don't think he would be ready to start for Chelsea next season, if we go up I can see him coming back for our first season in the Premier League which would be a massive boost. Past that I can't see Chelsea letting him go, and not for the money we would be prepared to play.

Agree with this, I’ve ran out of likes today haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Will he ever be good enough for Chelsea? I think eventually they’ll let him move on.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Will he ever be good enough for Chelsea? I think eventually they’ll let him move on.

I think they will too but let’s not forget it what wasn’t too long ago that he signed a new 5 year contract there, I think he is in their thoughts 

If it's a loaner I would like us to sign it's this lad Tammy Abraham, he fits the bill for us and with our new style, clean Smith has Tammy scoring and I'm sure we ha e yet to see the best he has to offer.

Yeah we need to make him permanent one way or another, he's an neck of a scorer and sure he is enjoying his time with us. Tammy feels like the main man surely, the one we are relying on for the majority of goal, good replacement for kodjia.

The thing with Tammy is he can cut it in the premiere, I don't think kodjia could now, we need reliable scorers and kodjia hasn't been the same for abit now. In my eyes Tammy is a must sign for alot of reasons and do think he has alot to let loose still and think Dean Smith will get the best out of him in the end.

I think Tammy wants to be back where he belongs also which is the premiere but Chelsea are reluctant too sell to other clubs in the premiere, they don't like selling to competition which could directly affect them..

• Like 1

I think some are too quick to define him as wasteful or needing too many chances.  It, clear he’s missed many chances but he’s young and is still improving, still learning.  It’s too soon to tell what kind of finisher he will be.  But he’s got really good awareness of the players around him, good strength with back to goal, good mobility, good athleticism.  If he can add a touch of precision he will be a legend for club and country.  Giving up on him after a few months is just silly.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had a decent game. Holds the ball up well and turns his men. That dribble down the wing was great to see.

However,  3-1 he tried a flick on the half way line that we lost possession and they nearly scored from. Nearly to do that in the correct area of the field not where we could be under threat

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Had a decent game. Holds the ball up well and turns his men. That dribble down the wing was great to see.

However,  3-1 he tried a flick on the half way line that we lost possession and they nearly scored from. Nearly to do that in the correct area of the field not where we could be under threat

I know we shouldn't keep banging on about Bruce, but that is exactly the sort of thing where he would have ignored it, because we won, so it didn't matter. 

But you just know that Smith will have spotted it, and will be analysing those sort of mistakes after the match, with a view to eliminating them from the player's game. 

He is a very versatile forward, with the ability to play target man, hold the ball up, run the channels or run in behind. The main area he needs to improve is his finishing. I can see why he only scored 5 for Swansea last season, as he needs about 4 chances to get a goal. He won't have got many opportunities playing for a relegation side in the Premier league. If he can become more clinical he will be a top striker. 

I thought he was he wasoutstanding today.

His work rate, movement, hold up play, intelligence... really good performance from him today and one that was so important to the team.

I heard tales that his work rate wasn’t great before he arrived, can’t say I’ve once thought that since he has been here. I still think we would have got something at Norwich if he hadn’t gone off.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I thought he was he wasoutstanding today.

His work rate, movement, hold up play, intelligence... really good performance from him today and one that was so important to the team.

I heard tales that his work rate wasn’t great before he arrived, can’t say I’ve once thought that since he has been here. I still think we would have got something at Norwich if he hadn’t gone off.

Agreed on all fronts. He’s been a revelation leading the line for us. 

I really feared the worst when he started clutching the back of his leg after blocking the attempted clearance in their box. 

Â